Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Nothing in that article links those morons to any far right groups.

Horrific story no doubt but it hardly needs a sprinkling of hyperbole like what you added.

Glazers Out!

Well said.

Looking forward to the mental gymnastics required to counter the above.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Disturbing attack and reporting. The Irish Times journalist was there interacting with the attackers but didn’t get a photo of the attack.

The victim’s nationality is described Polish, Hungarian, Scottish. But the attackers are described racially as “white Irish”!

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

🤣🤣🤣

You're hilarous the way you go out of your way to deny violent far right activity.

Its bloody obvious staring in the face far right violence. If they were white Irish they wouldnt have been touched.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You are reduced now to accusing people of being Jew lovers, pathetic.

You should visit places like Treblinka etc and ask yourself some hard questions about your outlook on life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭lmao10

Public will is there to go after these scum. Hopefully the guards start to finally take action on these miscreants.

Hilarious? Really?

We have a tiny far right in Ireland but we do have lots of scumbags who are roaming the streets because of our laughably lax legal system.

Now, employing logic which group of people are A large enough and B more likely to engage in such behaviour?

You're not employing logic, you're seeing a negative and assigning blame based on your own bias.

Was Justin Barrett instructing these idiots from his fascist stronghold in Cork?

The "White Irish" thing is pathetic as well. It's framing the Irish people (most of whom in no way shape or form condone or support this type of thing) as some sort of a problem to be dealt with.

All this from a white Irish journalist who has appeared to have a particular axe to grind over the years to begin with.

You can join Kitty Holland in a spot of self flagellation to expunge yourselves of your white Irish privilege if you like. Back in the real world the rest of Irish society can see this situation for what it is, a bunch of scumbags (a good number of whom I'd wager have been involved in criminality in the past) did something reprehensible that we don't want to see happen again but there is literally nothing to be gained from adding more fuel to this fire in the form of speculative nonsense about involvement from the far right.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I believe in calling out racism, including antisemitism out wherever I see it. If that upsets you, perhaps you should be booking a flight to Poland.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Quite the effort there to downplay the far right.

Anyone reading the thread should always remember - the people you see downplaying the far right are usually far right supporters and actors themselves.

Yes you are hilarious. It doesnt have to be "a group" to ba a far right attack. Its a group of white Irish people who targeted a group of non Irish people because they are not Irish. Clear far right violence.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Downplay?

I guess you have to prove that the morons who assaulted those poor men were part of a far right group now.

Glazers Out!

Except there's no evidence of this at all, beyond your opinion.

Glazers Out!

All this "part of a far right group" is absolute drivel. People dont have to be "part of a far right group" to undertake far right violence.

Terry Pratchet

The social media posts. The Irish Times Journo who said she was there and saw it happen.

Terry Pratchet

Yes they do.

Otherwise it's just thuggery which this would appear to be the most likely scenario.

You're expecting people to accept your opinion as fact which is preposterous.

Glazers Out!

Do you believe for a second that if these people were actually linked to the far right that Kitty Holland would have omitted that fact from the article?

Seriously, just think about it logically.

Glazers Out!

Its not my opinion though. The Irish Times journalist was there. The Irish Times journalist has gone through all the social media posts.

Terry Pratchet

And she forgot to even use the term "far right" even once in the article she wrote?

Some oversight.

Either that or your opinion is... Wrong.

Glazers Out!

You dont have to be a card carrying National Party Member to undertake far right violent actions.

Terry Pratchet

You don't have to be far right to do awful things.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Beating people up because they are not white or not Irish is far right.

Terry Pratchet

It's disgraceful and reprehensible but we have no evidence that these people are far right affiliated and saying violence of this type is inherently far right is demonstrably false.

I appreciate your opinion and your right to hold it but it doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Glazers Out!

Bad faith tactic to downplay the far right violence on the basis of your criteria that violence can only be far fight if it is carried out by card carrying members of a far right party.

Terry Pratchet

No, I just require more than opinion.

You know, things like facts and evidence.

There's nothing to downplay to begin with.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

Seems like a nothing burger. The lying times stirring the pot again..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Why is it then over the last few days, when discussing fascist regimes and in particular whether or not Russia is one, you didn't bring a screed of evidence to the thread?

Polish lad was assaulted as you know.

"Gardaí arrived at the camp shortly after the men and dogs left, and spoke to those living there. One, a Polish man (20) told The Irish Times he had been hit several times with a baseball bat. Visibly distressed, he said his arm was not broken. “I have strong bones, but the tendons are sore”."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

Plenty of evidence from various sources, you are either wilfully blind or feigning ignorance.

These players have been involved in far right activities for years. Weirdly involved with English ethno nationalists who would normally be anti Irish.

Loathe as I'm to say it but do some research.

• Advertisement

Try Google.

You'll find left leaning media outlets saying Russia is fascist.

You'll also find political historians correcting that assumption.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement