Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE sick note for covid for paid leave

Options
  • 26-01-2023 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

My wife works home help company contracted by the HSE. She has caught covid and went for a test which was positive.

This year, she is entitled to three days of paid sick leave under the new system.

In order to apply she needs a doctor's note, which will cost her 65 euro, to present to her job.

This can't be real!!! She got tested by the HSE for covid at a test center and they confirmed she has it, she now has to pay a doctor 65 euro to read the text she got from the HSE, put it into a note, and inform the HSE that she has covid so she can be entitled to claim for three days pay.

Her HSE employer will not accept the result from the HSE directly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Her employer is not the HSE.

It is the contracted company.

They can choose what rules they apply.

Also, the HSE test shows the disease. It doesn't show the medical recommendations for managing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Is she allowed attend work with COVID ? If I worked somewhere and a astaff member told me they had COVID and the company allowed them to attend I'd be very unhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

Basically this is why you'll have a lot of people now in the workplace with Covid.

My employer still gives out antigen tests on a Monday, but its pointless because unless anyone is really very sick, they are not shelling out 65 euro for a doctor, no matter what the virus is!

Advertisement