Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SORTED - 223,whats out there?

• 25-01-2023 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

hi folks,i sold my guns last year,details i wont go into,anyway im now looking to get a 223,not right now,but in about 3-4 weeks,so just seeing whats out there first before i go to dealers. i have a budget of 1500,a bit more for right gun,id prefer with scope,mod,(scope must have Parallax adjustment,) accuracy is important,i would want to see the gun in action,so anyone selling would have to not live a million miles from nenagh,but i would travel up to 50 miles for a viewing,or make other arrangements,where i could come by bus etc,would like one that shoots the lighter bullets,(alot of bunny shooting ill be doing) 40 to 55 grain,my last 223 a Remington would take the heads off rabbits at 200 yards set an inch at 100,very accurate gun,with 55 grain hornady bt, gun has to be in mint condition,i can afford to buy new,but with a mint second hand i assume its already broken in,and what bullet brand it shoots well is known, Sargent told me today that my application would be treated as a first timer,so i dont know how long ill be waiting,so if a seller is willing to except that it could take time,then there is no problem,id get the gun details,and leave a small deposit,and get the ball rolling,now i must say that waiting times here are fairly quick,mate had his in 4 weeks,now thats not to say i will,so i know is a long ad,just wanted to outline my needs,and see whats out there,if anything,thanks for reading,

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Markhor

I have a new Anschutz 1771 chambered in .17 Hornet for sale for 1500 euro, it cost 2000.

The .17 Hornet is as flat as the .223 firing a 55 gr bullet. I have it zeroed 1 inch high at 100 yards and its dead on for 200.

The accuracy is superb, its great for foxes and head shooting rabbits and the only reason I am putting it up for sale is that I bought an old BSA .22 Hornet and had a .17 Hornet barrel fitted to it. My location is in Limerick if you are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭sniperman

thanks,ill keep that in mind,sounds good,and your not to far away,is 1500 just for the rifle,?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Markhor

Yes just the rifle, I have a good set of mounts on it 30mm, I do not have a moderator, its just a plain barrel without open sights, as I am not a fan of mods.

well tbh im hoping to get a full set up,rifle,scope mod,etc,,but ill put you on my list,thanks

im sorted now,thanks for all pms and replys,mods lock it up please

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement