Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Training Course (Clare Area) FCA1 Application

Options
  • 25-01-2023 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi,

I looked but could not see anything relevant on this forum but am new applicant, and need to do the course for the application. Based in west Clare, I can only seem to find a place in Nenagh that does it. Anyone know of any location in Clare/Limerick? Am aware of one online option but have read mixed reports as to the validity of said course and don't want to risk any rejection of the licence application.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

TBH, there is no mandated format on how one of these training courses is to be done. It can be as simple as you getting an hour of instruction with someone knowledgeable of firearms and they are willing to write a note to your super saying so. Or several hundred euros worth of padded course.

Your 2nd problem is as I'm in Clare too, It's is a desert for shooting sports and You'll have to travel a bit.

Either to Ballylanders Co Limerick to Munster targets, or to Midlands range near Tullamore, or down to An Riocht in Co Kerry, or to Lazy Dog range near Killmallock.Possibly Gerry Barron in Ennis might be able to help you out. http://www.barronsports.ie/

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

The place in nenagh is just a firearm dealer doing it. If you go onto the nargc website there is a list of trained tutors to give you your safety cert. Or they have the online achievement cert course too. Apart from that it's normally firearm dealers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JasonCee

I did mine with Shane Bisgood of Connemara Shooting School in west Galway if that is somewhere you would be willing to travel.

http://connemarashootingschool.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gillamandango

Thanks for all the advise, ended up doing the course on Saturday, got the cert and bought what I was looking for. Now to submit the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JasonCee

Good luck! Hope it goes through quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Advertisement