Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 20 Matchday Thread

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

72points and a small rise,,32on the bench,a PB,all single gamers,but still annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Just finding this thread....Can someone explain to me how Kane was given an assist but Ederson not!!

And yes he is my keeper at the moment😏. I know there was a small deflection off the defender, but it was still Ederson's pass, and less of a change in direction than Kane's Cross/shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭macraignil

If you look in the rules section in the help tab on the FPL site it gives an explanation of what counts as an assist. For the Kane assisted goal:

"If a shot at goal is blocked by an opposition player, is saved by a goalkeeper or hits the woodwork, and a goal is scored from the rebound, then an assist is awarded. The shot does not have to be on target to result in an assist."

For the Ederson long ball that the Spurs player failed to control:

"If an opposing player touches the ball after the final pass before a goal is scored, significantly altering the intended destination of the ball, then no assist is awarded."

Just watched a replay of the goals there and looks to me like it was more than a small deflection as you describe it. Looked like the defender brought it down and changed the direction of the ball so they could run onto it themsleves but did not realise that Mahrez was close enough to get to it before they could but that's just looking at it as a non Ederson owner. Could have gone the other way very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

83 (-4) and small green. First section of the GW was better but overall decent result.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea I would have thought ederson would have got the assist given some other assists this season - clear as day the ball was aimed for Mahrez

Kanes was more a cross I thought that the keeper palmed out and hence changed direction of the ball and royal was not the intended target but maybe towers to be so it as a shor

• Advertisement

I don't own Kane but I deffo thought he was shooting watching it

Advertisement