Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reclassify an N1 vehicle to M1 to get classic road tax. Is it necessary/possible?

Options
  • 17-01-2023 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭

Am I correct in thinking that only M1 classified vehicles can avail of classic road tax?

I have an N1 classified 80 series Landcruiser (crew cab) that is approaching its thirtieth birthday and would love to get the road tax cheaper.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Vintage and Veteran rate of €56 will apply once it’s 30 and no longer used for commercial purposes. No need to reclassify. 2 year CVRT too.

Same thing applies for campervans too. The rate drops for them too at 30.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Thank you very much for that info.

Do you have any idea what proof they need that it's not being used commercially?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Apologies, I got confused. You can get the tax without a problem. It’s the 2 year CVRT that only applies if you’re not using it commercially. You sign a declaration on the Test Centre when you’re getting the test done to get the 2 year cert.

Should be more info on CVRT.ie.

There aren’t too many land cruisers of that vintage left.

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Is there VAT to be paid when reclassifying a vehicle from commercial to private\vintage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes, and No, respectively.

Commercial to private, yes. Commercial to vintage, no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement