Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jaysus, I'm sure there were much more deserving 'thank you' requests than that one we just heard! 🤔 Makes me think they must not be getting many requests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭archfi

Couldn't find the button again for the kid's voice.

'Doo dee doo dee doo' repeated 5 times till he pressed it.

JFC.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Ray having a 'mare today (as usual)

That is some screwed up competition as well - probably don't want it to be won.

Ray playing a blinder on the " jingly stick "though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

One compilation song thing was enough, not a great idea to repeat. Our Ray a bit dismissive of 'sweet counter' Elaine when he finished with her, he mightn't agree with promoting sweets anymore but she was doing him a favour by coming on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

It really wasn't as hard as he thought it was

And as for the White Christmas - its doable

• Advertisement

Is Pat "Guffaw" Shortt ever out of the RTE studios these days, especially now thta he's pushing his daughter ay every opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

Calling Keith Barry - Keith Duffy ... ah Ray cmon, one is a illusionist and had us fooled for years that he could sing

The other is probably a better singer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just woke up (nodded off during Liveline). Two brilliant versions of their songs by Tom Dunne and Cathy Davis there. Much better than the originals.

Sounds like a good show. First time ever I'll have to listen back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I listened to him interviewing a woman yesterday. Her brother is jailed in Iran on some bogus grounds.

He is in a cell with 50 other people. Darcy, says to her.. that must be tough.

Has this guy Darcy got the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭avfc1874

The best bit when she said they are not allowed hot water bottles so they use Coke bottles instead, Einstein Darcy says they must be glass bottles, because surely plastic bottles would melt,🤔🤔🤔,

He must have some serious sh#t on someone in rte to be still in his job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Making an absolute balls of actors names, Russell brand the gladiator actor

In rays book if he gets something half right , he'd call it a win

I thought I heard him say that but then dismissed it thinking "no, not even he's that stupid"

It appears I was incorrect - there's no limit to Ray's stupidity

Ray interviewing Tommy tiernan and being the usual boring Ray, asked a typical boring question , straight out Tommy says Jesus Ur such a boring fella, were you this boring at school,

Ray gets all defensive saying no I was good fun at school, you can ask some of my school friends,

What a tool, fair play Tommy he has the measure of Darcy

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lios67

Was listening to the quiz today and one contestant to my ears said “iPod “ and Ray said “ that’s right, iPad “ . She won the prize as a result !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'm pretty sure she said iPod too. They had those exact questions some time late last year too, guess nothing much else was going on in 2010...

"Ar dheis De, go raibh a hanam", says self proclaimed atheist Ray D'Arcy about Seamus Begley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

• Advertisement

Of course what should have happened is that both contestants should have gotten a weekend away. Ray screws up waaay too often on this simple quiz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Chocolate bars and sweets from the 1980s. Yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

He's clearly trying to compete with Joe in ridiculously dragging out the most boring and mundane topics.

And of course woke Darcy wasn't happy as he reckoned a lot of the chocolate ads were sexist,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Kalimah

My God - some absolute lunacy on there now. Laughing yoga. It sounds like a bunch of hyenas or a troupe of chimpanzees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,973 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ray admitted early in the show that he didn't even notice it was Friday the 13th.

I'm sure he was gutted. That would have been an easy show to fill, asking people to phone in with their superstitions or bad luck stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,722 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The real problem of course is that D’Arcy is a square peg in a round hole.

I listened to the last bit of his prog. today regarding ‘revenge songs’ or something.

He was in his element, as excited as a cat sniffing a mouse, all enthusiastic ,in his comfort zone, knew everything

seed breed and generation of the performers….and there’s the problem.

Thats his kind of stuff…he knows fuhherke all about anything else….as the show requires…on €450k.

Holy Jaysus…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

D'Arcy got revenge on his wife by marrying her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭patrickc

I heard an ad for Jenny and Mairead's new podcast and Ray and Jenny's podcast. Jaisis!

Advertisement