Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society - Clubnet Setup and queries

• 14-01-2022 5:56pm
    Administrators Posts: 353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Boards Golf Society 2022.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Hi All

Happy year new year to you all and a warm welcome to our new Captain for 2022, Fix.

As we have mentioned in thread previously, due to COVID concerns and to make life easier for the committee we will be moving to a cashless system this year.

We will be using the ClubNet platform for subscriptions and for tee time bookings.

In order to prepare for this there are a few things that society members need to do.

Please follow the instructions below on how to access your account. If you are having difficulties please use the support feature in the app or you can PM me directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

You need to sign up for new account in app

once done, we approve in back end and then you will be good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 20,712 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ok all, a bit of news.

We have reached a limit on sign ups, for the moment.

We will review after the time sheet has been open for a while.

Thanks for all the great enthusiasm and support for the society. We will update if any slots become available at a later time at the start of February.

Note (all non registered members) - You will not be able to log in/ register - so if you are wonder why you can't, the function is not enabled temporarily.

Post edited by FixdePitchmark on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Times are locked in on the timesheet and You will only be able to book slots to the timesheet once it is opened, which will be from 7pm on the 19th January @Snackbox20

• Advertisement

If you are getting a not validated message that means that one of the commitee guys need to approve the account.

As Fix has posted, signups are now on hold as they have hit bight numbers.

J

Lads nothing has changed and nothing will change till the 2nd of February as per above.

1) If you have not registered at this time you can not, as the society has reached a temporary limit.

2) If you have paid your sub you are good to book your tee time from 1900 hrs today

3) You must have 100 euro in your cart to pay for the green fee - see other posts for recommended place (but not obligatory) - you should try get this done by the 2nd of February, or earlier for a wider choice of tee times.

4) If you can not top up - please read this thread again

5) If you have any issue after that - no issue contacting as per described.

I know the way people communicate has changed and easy quick information is modern life , but we are asking people to please read the threads prior to posting about not being able to register - when they have been told they can not register, if they have not after entry was frozen.

Thanks - we will post on February 2nd.

Slight edit to that

you don’t require €100 in cart to book, just enough credit to i on pay green fee plus 2’s on day.

€100 is just minimum top up amount

@Slave - now that the bulk of set up is done - can we remove posts that are information , and not critical info.

Just rationalize again and try keep posts here to a min, unless a genuine issue after someone has read instructions ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Advertisement

So guys - see other post , Seve will come in with more details - but if you are paid up on Sub but have not taken a tee time, it is reasonable for us to assume you are not playing at the outing in Portmarnock Links.

We will be opening up sign up again tomorrow - Seve to post. The number of sign ups will be based on gaps in sheet.

As Fix says there are currently 7 spaces free on the sheet. I will open again tomorrow and it will be first come first served. I cannot give an exact time, but will aim for approx 3pm. I will post on outing thread when I’m getting it set to go and again once live.

Members will need to log into ClubNet and pay their subs and deposit a competition purse before they can book on the timesheet.

I’ve noticed a number of people trying to sign into ClubNet. I don’t know who you are and you will not get access unless you have sent me a PM with the required info, as detailed in many of the threads.

If you have changed your email, you need to let me know as ClubNet has been set up with whichever you have supplied me with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So i can get into Clubnet, it gets me to the main Boards.ie home screen, but when i click My Account, it says login failed. Will i need to reset anything when its opened up tomorrow, or will that just allow me access to My Account?

TBH I don’t know Kiith

I’d say once I open it up, you’ll be sorted

Hi All,

We had an issue with the Stripe account today, they were looking for more information on the society. This meant that payments were not being processed. It is rectified now.

If you have already signed up and paid your sub then you can go ahead and top up your purse and book golf.

If you have not paid your sub please open the member profile part and pay the subscription invoice 1st.

J

Guys, there are still people trying to sign up , who will not read the threads . Never mind post a small bit. It is not obligatory to post. But if you are signing up to a forum based society - try get engaged. I know whatsapp has our minds fried.

But just try a little.

Again after outings - we will be asking people to post. There will be a small prize for the best post after an outing - given to them on their return to an outing. I can't take part in this 😂

Ok - as we approach year end , i wanted to post a few points of information on the costings going forward. There was a good idea from Seve to post the cost of outings so people can manage their purse efficiently.

It is better for yourself and for the society if you draw down your purse as near to zero as practical at year end . This is not completely necessary and your purse is in safe hands with the committee and the structures we have in place around this. So the following is the costings to year end.

Tullamore €45

Mount Juilet €75

If you entered both events = €120

Both Events with 2s = €124

To enable accurate top up and draw down - we have adjusted the top up function to the range of €50 to €100 - this is a lower min with an interval of €5. So hopefully this helps everyone.

Again thanks to ClubNet for their amazing sponsorship - but even more impressive, the service setting up all the outings and the administration and technical support is top class.

We would also like to thank the members for their cooperation and engagement in the changes - it made life so much easier for the members and for the committee in not having to collect cash or wait around or constantly manage timesheet changes. I found it interesting - that members actually enjoyed having control of their own timesheet - and when and who they play with.

Hopefully this information and changes are useful for year end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

Sorry Fix - Just for my dum ass.. does that mean if I am going to the next 2 events and have no money in purse. I'll have to top up (can top up) €125 if entering the 2's... or €120 if not entering the 2's

That is it Benny ...it is unlikely your purse is empty . So work from that figure.

You can even top up just to cover next outing within a 5 euro amount

Tullamore is 45 + 2 = 47 ...top up by 50.

Again we prefer if people top up for both outings and reduce their purse...but again Indivdual choice there.

But your figures are right...but you can top up by less.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I topped up last night and pretty sure there was a €50 minimum in place

Yes there is a min...I'm really talking about an adjustment fir the two outings.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

I won't be able to make the last 2 events unfortunately. Family commitments and my stag are getting in the way!

Post edited by swededmonkey on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Just registered for the society, got approved and paid my sub. When I go into the ClubNet app, though, and select Member Hub, all I get is a blank screen with a Back link. Do I need to give it time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

New thread added yesterday:

Could you confirm if you've followed through everything on it?

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058280130/all-about-the-boards-golf-society-joining-information-and-rules#latest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

I created an account, waited for it to be approved, changed my password and logged in.

I've logged out & in again several times.

I paid my sub based on the email sent to me, so paid it through Chrome, not the app.

When I select Member Hub in the (ios) app, it gives me a blank screen with a back link (think this is a browser window?).

Selecting News also gives me the same type of window, but loads the Boards forum successfully.

Not sure maybe @Golfgraffix can advise

Send a ticket via support in App Settings

I'm afraid that link doesn't work either - I went onto the Golfgraffix website and sent an email describing the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

If it's the mobile app. Perhaps try delete and reinstall?

Advertisement