Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icloud Password Issue

Options
  • 17-01-2023 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

quick one

bought an Iphone 8 for my son last year and set it up etc all grand , fast forward to this week i got him an Iphone XR

but i can't for the life of me remember his icloud password to be able to reset to factory settings

i've requested apples assistance but they can't recover the account for another 12 days which is a joke

any idea if this can be sorted sooner ?

my phone number is assigned to the icloud and also my credit card

any help

Comments

No. Apple take security very seriously and password resets without logging into your iCloud email take some time while they verify your identity.

Please understand that during this time they will periodically email the address associated (and any backups) just in case this was done fraudulently.

Consider this: it’s frustrating because you know it’s you doing it, but would you find it so frustrating if these delays stopped someone hacking and stealing your account?

If you’d like it done faster, there is ONE way.. guess the password!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This not really Apple's fault but yours so your comment about the delay of 12 days being 'a joke' is completely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i get that but 12 days ?

i verified my number and credit card so not sure why it takes 12 days

because anyone who had access to those details could do the same and then you’ve lost your account.

Did I not explain this already? They will throughout the next 12 days periodically email the account to warn you of the request. Sometimes people miss emails, don’t check them everyday etc so it’s prudent to allow sufficient time.

You have expedited the process indeed as it can take longer otherwise. It’s only a joke because your account isn’t at risk as I mentioned— were it at risk and this saved you from losing it then it wouldn’t be such a joke.

Apple takes security very seriously. No one wants to deal with the fallout of having trouble accessing an account but no one wants their accounts hijacked either.

in future I recommend writing it down somewhere and keeping it safe or using a password manager (better option).

• Advertisement
Advertisement