Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuses - Grid Tied DIY 280AH 16s

Options
  • 28-04-2022 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

So my current setup is as follows.

Battery -> T Class Fuse -> BMS -> DC Breaker -> Hybrid Inverter

I've noticed today that the DC Breaker is starting to discolor on one of the 4 terminals and the cable has actually melted a bit. All disconnected now. This DC breaker is a TOMZ brand that I now don't trust so wouldn't replace it with the same again. My question is, do I need this second breaker after my T Class Fuse or is it pointless anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fred7631

Missed a part out.

Battery -> T Class Fuse -> BMS -> Andersen Connection -> DC Breaker -> Hybrid Inverter

My concern was a short circuit or failure after the BMS and whether the T Class Fuse would see the fault as it has the BMS in the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Are you sure you need fuse and breaker? When installing the likes of the pylons/dyness batteries it is one or the other.

I have this for my Dyness batteries:

Solartricity and midsummer have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fred7631

That's what I don't know. I'm thinking I don't as I have the T Class fuse already but I put it in any way as I wasn't sure. Hopefully, someone will be able to give a definitive answer.

I had a very similar setup but with the TOMZN breaker but that is clearly not good quality! I would go with that ProJoy but not in stock until June!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Just make sure to use the bootlace ferrules as well and crimp them instead of leaving the loose strands of the cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Clf

Hi, can I ask where you sourced the Class T fuse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement