Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,473 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I was really just responding to the assertion that 50% comes in retail packaging. Which is blatantly untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I said my deliveries. Which is true of MY deliveries. Nothing blatantly untrue about my experience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Was just browsing the 2 sites and once looking closer , no delivery to selected address, Is it just Kerry 🥴 or is it the whole Republic?🤔

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's lots of restrictions on shipping anything with significant amounts of lithium due to the fire hazard. Did these power banks use lithium-ion batteries?

@Spear , "Did these power banks use lithium-ion batteries?"

Yes. Well I was looking for bigger power -banks, 10,000mAh plus.

Just checked Amazon UK will still send me a phone.

Am in dispute with Amazon at the moment concerning 2X Fit bands that I can't return without paying DPD €39, which is equal to the price of 1 Fit band.

HELP!.

Will this all end with Amazon refusing to send any battery containing items to ROI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Amazon/An Post delivery status seems to be under pressure.

Had An Post delivery at lunchtime which is still showing as

Customs clearance delay.

DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, IE

Edit> And 3 hours after delivery I've had an email update to say

We wanted to let you know that due to a delay in delivery, your Amazon order XXXXX may arrive one to two business days later than expected.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you tried UPS? They are normally about €12 to the UK, and take batteries on their standard service

@whiterebel , "Have you tried UPS? They are normally about €12 to the UK, and take batteries on their standard service"

Ah the joys of buying on Amazon DE. 🫣 My return label for my Fitbands is Slovakia. Not sure if I tried Amazon UK, first, but will from now on. Must be simpler to get stuff back to UK🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

"Package departed Lauwin-Planque, Hauts-de-France FR" (ordered from amazon.de).

That was 5th December. Amazon say it's "in transit", but holy crap that's slow as hell non?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

An interesting one today. I ordered 4 jars of coffee (max amount allowed) from Amazon with delivery to a pick up location at a post office in Strabane (NI) and got an email today saying my order had arrived at the location. 2 hours later I got another email thanking me for collecting my order. Only problem was that I never collected it.

I got on to live chat and they are sending a replacement order but its going to be after Xmas at this stage. But who collected my coffee? Id be quietly confident (living in hope) that it is a computer glitch and my coffee is actually still there waiting to be picked up. I'll know for sure in a few days as Im down that way early next week. In a follow up to the live chat I received another email confirming details of the replacement order but also stating that I can keep the first one if it shows up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭VG31

It's probably lost. Lauwin-Planque to Dublin normally takes 36-48 hours.

Nice...someone is enjoying a €1300 camera...and some gardening shears

How long do I wait to claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭VG31

When was the delivery date supposed to be? Sometime last week I presume. You can usually claim 2-3 days after the stated delivery date.

You shouldn't have any issues in your case since the tracking never updated. In cases where it was scanned as delivered but it wasn't received it may be more complicated.

The "Request Refund" button appeared today.. so seems Amazon have acknowledged it... thankfully the majority of the items I ordered are still the same price if I re-order.. phew

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The camera for you and the gardening shears for mrscheez? :-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Amazon have just issued me a refund and said it will 5 to 7 days for my bank to process it.

I know each bank is different but it doesn’t actually take that long does it? I need the refund to try get the stuff somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

One of the commercial invoices is meant to be attached to the box, along with the return label. They say you're meant to give the other one to An Post but I've never needed to when returning stuff.

I got a Revolut payment refunded and it arrived back into my account the next day.

My bank account on the other hand, likely won't see anything for around 3-4 days after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Hi! So i ordered from Amazon, a microwave wheat heat bag thingy (in hindsight, probably not the best thing to get posted!)

Anyway, ordered it in November and it arrived with An Post on December 01st - and there it has remained! It just keeps going from Sorted to Assessed and the last update on it is December 09th!

What is the protocol here? Do i try contact them? Do they contact me? It was only a few euro so not the end of the world but it just seems like it's stuck and i can't request a refund from Amazon as there is no option there.

09 December 2022 14:11

Your delivery is being assessed by customs in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

09 December 2022 14:11

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

09 December 2022 08:15

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

05 December 2022 23:03

05 December 2022 23:03

05 December 2022 21:31

01 December 2022 20:55

01 December 2022 20:55

01 December 2022 15:15

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Was this sold or shipped by Amazon, or shipped by a third party directly? If shipped by Amazon then all customs/VAT are taken care of. If it's a seller that ships themselves then it would be up to them to do the proper delcarations, etc, and a lot os smaller outfits do not. If it was shipped by a third party, then going by some other threads around here it could get stuck with An Post for ages before being returned to the seller. I did order something on eBay UK in the summer that was sent with no customs declaration or anything on it, and it went missing for about 3 weeks before it eventually got delivered. So there's a chance that it will get through at some stage.

You could contact Amazon through the chat bot and ask to speak to a real person about the order. See if they can help that way. Otherwise I think your only options are to wiat for it to either be delivered to you or sent back, which could take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,473 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just request a refund from Amazon. There should be a link against the order details.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Amazon are generally pretty good about issuing refunds when things are stuck in customs. In fact my refunds usually happened almost automatically.

No option to request a refund - the only update they have is Delayed At Customs :(

Seems to have been shipped by a third party so i guess they haven't filed the correct paperwork on it

I contacted An Post through twitter, they just gave me a number to ring so will try that and see how it goes!

I wish they'd just open it and see what it is and send it on!

Just to update - package arrived this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭EarWig

Anyone have an idea about the days that Amazon won't deliver this Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

This morning Amazon prompted me to validate the CCV number of my card (on all my cards) and just refused to accept it.

So, I deleted all card and added them back, no problem.

And then during checkout this morning, I got the Mastercard secure prompt to validate the transaction in my banks app.

Looks like they finally managed to implement the required security as per EU guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Fugded

I was also prompted to do this today. Came on here to see if it happened to anyone else

Advertisement