Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original comic artwork

Options
  • 27-12-2022 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi folks

Just trying to find other collectors of original comic art,for discussions or even sell or trade pages.I had a large collection but had to sell them off years ago,and I’m only collecting again for the last couple of years.It seems to be a very niche hobby here in Ireland as I only know of two other Irish collectors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

There's loads of Irish folks out there with great collections.

If you're ever out towards the Big Bang there are some great pieces on their walls.

I have a few pieces myself mostly sketches.

This Page from Iron Man by Adi Granov.

As well as his original art work for the First Thougthbubble comic con.

Some Clint Langley Art for the Battletech Card game.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Can you advise where to buy original works? I would like to start my own collection.

Generally you'll find Pros selling pieces at conventions. Or at least doing a commission list before the event if they are not sketching at the event itself.

So keep an eye on your favorites social media platforms.

Ebay might provide some bits if your lucky.

Our Own Declan Shalvey has some items available through here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Johnner69

Few from the bits of original artwork on my wall. Page from Swamp Thing #54 by Rick Veitch and Alfredo Alcala. Page from Barrack Hussein Obama by Steven Weissman. And an illustration by Philip Barrett. I've a few other pieces, but I kind of went off being burdened by the responsibility of possessing original artwork. (Ha, First World problem, eh?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

sorry for delay replying,I’ve been talking with a few other collectors and even visited to see other collections.here are some of my recent purchases

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh, that Roger Langridge page is stunning! A very nice spread of pages there :)

thanks so much,I actually have maybe 30 pages from Roger I love his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JayRoc

thanks for looking,I’ll try list more.

• Advertisement

few more from the collection,hope these are ok.

Would love to hear from other collectors.

Advertisement