Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assetto Corsa Competizione

Options
  • 06-10-2022 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭

Anyone play it? I moved to it from Forza as I was keen to focus on one type of car and this is the best GT3/4 sim racing game out there. It's currently quite buggy (especially online) due to a release a week ago, though a hotfix is due this week which should help. If you're into realism, this is as good as it gets on Xbox. The sound is amazing in it.

I'm part of a racing group that is much better than the public lobbies where there's no difference between it and Forza/GT7 so if you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I play it every so often, it's taking a while to get to grips with it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I bought some Fanatec gear recently and all the main racing games for Xbox + GT7 for Playstation. I never really got onto Assetto Corsa after giving the first few hours of career mode a go. Anytime I see any gameplay of it on YouTube it's somebody playing one of the mods like the 2022 F1 cars on the PC version, it seems the actual GT racing is a bit on an afterthought to people playing on PC. I should probably give it another go but you need to invest a good bit of time into any racing sim and you can't do that with all of them. I find myself just sticking with Dirt Rally 2 and the new F1 game for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You're talking about Assetto Corsa there, which is like Forza. This is Assetto Corsa Competizione, which is dedicated to GT3/GT4 cars. It's also the official game of the GT3 series. It's a fairly hardcore sim though, and as PsychoPete mentions above, it takes a while to get used to it because you can configure every part of the car and each configuration can have a big impact on its performance. Once you get into the swing of it it's a cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ok I tried this again on my PS5 after buying a year's worth of Sony's gamepass and it was on there.

Wow, the difference is night and day. I get it now, probably the best feeling driving game I've played on console to date. The force feedback on the two different consoles is completely different, it feels terrible on Xbox. I gave it a quick Google and it seems there may be an issue with the game and my particular fanatec wheel. I can't be arsed trying to fix it, will just stick with the playstation version. There's the added bonus that the extra knobs on the wheel outside of the main buttons actually work on playstation too.

I'm on Xbox and only using a Logitech G923, and I've had to disable a lot of the feedback as it was causing me to crash to the dashboard. I didn't realise things would be so different between the 2 consoles. It's a shame there's no cross-play as it would increase the playing numbers significantly. It's a great game though, and now they've sorted most of the issues you can just enjoy playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have this (and normal AC) on my wishlist on the Xbox as I like (and own) Pcars2. It crops up in the sales reasonably regularly.

Is it playable with the controller or is that a bit of a waste?

It's definitely playable, though best enjoyed with a wheel. The owner of the league I'm in is using a controller at the moment as he's got something wrong with his leg and his times aren't bad (around Barcelona) but he'd be 2 - 3 seconds quicker with a wheel. I played Forza for years with a controller and enjoyed it, but the handling on this is more precise and impacted by setups, which probably won't translate as well without a wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Just a follow up, I picked ACC up for 10.99 and it is indeed playable with a controller on the one X. It's a bit more realistic than pcars2, nicely so.

I've been adjusting the input variables to reduce smooth out the stick inputs. One annoyance is the helmet in-car view draws the steering wheel exactly corresponding to the stick i.e. flat -> 90° -> flat -> 90° instead of smoothing it so I have to use the non animated view (where you can't see the racelogic clock)

Advertisement