Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitechurch Area (Rathfarnham)

Options
  • 09-01-2023 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

I am looking at moving to the Whitechurch area (Rathfarnham).

It is a 3 bed house for €2000 per month - is this average rent for this area ? I work in College Green and start at 9am - how long would it take me to get in by bus? What bus would I take ?

Many thanks for you assistance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,562 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Depends on where exactly you're looking at!

The two most frequent routes in the area are the 16 and 15b - the 16 operates along Grange Road, and takes about 50 minutes at peak times from the stop opposite the Eden Bar, the 15b operates along Ballyboden Road and has a similar journey time from Ballyboden Roundabout.

The 61 operates from Whitechurch Estate to the city via Taylors Lane, and Ballyboden Road but it can take over an hour as it then operates via Dundrum and Ranelagh. Bear in mind that this route is due to be replaced by a new route 74 under BusConnects at some point later this year which will operate via a different route.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

Ok THANK YOU any other replies on this please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Is it the newer estate at the entrance to Whitechurch? Or the old Council houses (not sure if these have been sold to the owners or not) in Whitechurch itself. €2k a month is nuts either way, sign of the times I guess.

Advertisement