Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help, is package lost after arriving in Dublin from USA?

• 09-01-2023 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

My family in the States sent me a bit of a care package for Christmas. It was sent via USPS and arrived in Dublin airport a couple weeks ago. Obviously after arriving in Dublin, USPS tracking stopped/has had no further updates.

As I’ve never done this before, I’m unsure of the process and how long it’ll take to receive the package. It’s my understanding the package will be handed over to An Post at some point, and I have contacted them referring to the USPS tracking number to see if they have received it, and so far they haven’t.

Any insight on this? Will I receive a customs notification before its transferred to An Post? Will the tracking number remain the same after handover from USPS? Any idea how long this usually takes?

Many thanks to anyone who has some info on this, I’m quite lost.

Post edited by whiterebel on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭user302243

You should be able to track on anpost.ie if it's sent by USPS - do you know which USPS service it was sent by?

Depending on the date it arrived into Ireland I wouldn't be too concerned yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vconfused01

Thanks so much for your reply.

I think it was shipped Priority with USPS. So I should expect the tracking number to remain the same with An Post, as it was with USPS? That would make it easier to know where it is/when its given over to An Post.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The tracking number will stay the same. If the paperwork wasn't completed correctly, though, don't be surprised it is sent back to the US. There is a big thread on here about this happening for the last 12-18 months.

Many thanks for your reply, and thanks for the info. That's helpful to know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Yeah, I read through that thread and see there's been a lot of issues. What I am confused about is, the last tracking info stated "departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

So I guess An Post hasn't received it, and I'm not sure if customs has it. Just strange. I guess I can keep checking USPS tracking and occasionally An Post tracking to see if anything pops up. I've received no correspondence regarding the delivery of the package.

Again, I have no clue how this generally works. I assumed this process was going to be rather straightforward but also was unsure on a timeframe this can take.

Anyway, thanks to all that have responded to this. I really appreciate it.

Advertisement