Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewable stuff for sale and wanted

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yep LiFePO4 (LFP) is the next step. wouldnt touch the leaf cells with a barge pole.

Pick up 48 of the 200ah cells, and you have 30kwh.

If changing inverters Id say look into the sunsynk ones... Keep the Standard inverter, and put any additions on the sunsynk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Agreed, 24kWh but was something like 22.5kWh useable, those cars came from the generation of free fast charging so would have been battered for years at 43kW charging without any active battery cooling, plus you'd have to shed them outdoors, you can double your current pack for much better value

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Thanks for the advice guys, will look to expand the LifePo so.

Would you advise 2 BMS for the 2 lots of 10kw or would one do?

Also any place to get cheap optimisers?

I'm running a 4p16s 😂 on one bms.

All the bms is really doing is making sure the cells don't get too high or too low. It doesn't really do much balancing.

To balance a balancer is much more effective eg 4 amps vs milliamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,160 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Technically it would be best to use a BMS for each string, then you can see the actual cell voltages. Most of us don't bother though and just use the one BMS with cells in parallel. Or none. Most BMS are crap at balancing, and that is what you need most. Your inverter does most of the protecting needed. Unless you want the BMS to control the inverter. Then you need one.

• Advertisement

I've my 32cells in 2p16s, sitting at 4mV cell difference but I did top balance prior to "commissioning" into service

Oh, and there are no cheap optimisers, gonna have to fork out for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

I've 2 x 16s with 2 BMS's interlinked, but the problem is that you cannot get any stats off the Master BMS, so I will shortly be changing my setup to 16s2p on a single BMS.

I initially built my setup enabling me to isolate either of the two strings, but I really cannot see a reason for ever wanting to do that, so going 16s2p will lose me nothing I feel.

Another 16 LiFePO4 so this year I guess.

I think there was a sale last year on the Oye store, hopefully there'll be another one. 1866 at the moment that's 600 more than last year! Yikes!

The only store with consistently good results is PWOD official store. I wouldn't buy from any other. Or buy anything else than the CALB 200Ah cells. The recent misadventure from one of the posters here causing a full dead short over the whole 16 cells, with only some minor burns and possibly not even permanent damage to the cells has shown just how good and safe these cells are.

As much as my budget / income is very limited, I really can't look past paying a little bit extra for these cells. For safety / peace of mind / longevity

This time last year I still only had 16 (10kWh). In about 6-8 weeks I will have 64 (40kWh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭silver_sky

Lora Antenna 868Mhz 3dBi on 3 metre cable with weighted stand/magnetic base - 20 euro

Located in North Co Dublin near Meath/Louth

This is a direct fit (screw-on) for the myenergi Eddi RF antenna and may be of use for someone experiencing issues with signal between the myenergi devices. I bought it last year for this specific issue but it didn't quite work out as I hoped due to my use case.

Here's where I got it - https://www.amazon.de/dp/B09N3NM7GV At the time it was 37 euro delivered, asking 20 as above.

PHEV battery pack wanted. Ideally a BMW pack out of a 530e / 740e, but any PHEV pack considered. Must be reasonably priced. If you have one or know of one, please let me know! Capacity doesn't matter, even around 7-8kWh is fine

It's for my car, the "Red Arrow" converted by Damien Maguire at a total cost of just €1,000. The car needs to stay true to its origin, so low budget is key here

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭spose

Anyone have a ct clamp for a solis they want to offload?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

In case it may be of use for anyone here.

For sale battery rack cabinet. 50eur

It takes 3x Pylontech us2000 or 2x us3000

I am expending my battery bank so I need a bigger cabinet myself.

Collection in Dunshaughlin ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Lot of talk about wind generation on the forum has prompted me to see this project which has been on the long finger with a while now

IstaBreeze 500W Wind Turbine

Remember, if a CALB cell dies, the BMS will stop functioning because a cell voltage will be too low. So protect your investment by keeping a spare cell

Post edited by championc on

Myenergi hub just sold, still have the brand new Solis inverter. Lots of people viewing on adverts, not sure what they are waiting for, this is several hundred EUR below retail 😁 Inverters are fairly hard to get now in Ireland as most wholesalers no longer sell to the public.

I know it's only January, but earlier today I was outputting over 4kW, today's total over 10kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Interesting. Wonder if I can parallel that with my existing 6kW solis? Cheap enough for what it is.

Yes of course. No need to parallel at all, this is just a dumb inverter doing its job, converting PV to AC. It needs to be connected into its own RCBO in your consumer unit, like any other inverter. Then your main hybrid inverter is the only one with a CT clamp on your incomer so it knows whether to charge your batteries (if you produce more than you use) or to provide power to your house if you are short.

I have 3 inverters myself (two dumb ones and 1 hybrid inverter). These don't talk to each other and are not connected to each other in any way, and don't need to (plus a 4th one, a micro inverter now I think of it)

If you have any other questions or want to discuss, ping me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Forgive my ignorance but are you saying that you can have more than 1 inverter on the same pv system?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭micks_address

If anyone is selling a givenergy battery, any size considered I'd be interested

Cheers,

Mick

Yes indeed, you can have as many inverters as you like. But obviously one string of PV panels can only go into one inverter. I have a total of 7 strings when I'm done upgrading. Plus a single tiny 50W panel that I thought I might as well nail to the shed vertically west facing and grid tie it. Rather than it just sitting on a shelf somewhere doing nothing!

No one for the balancer? I thought it would be snapped up. Very handy for getting your cells in balance in a day or two if you can't bear the thought of top balancing them with a 3A bench power supply which will take at least several weeks if you have more than one set of 16 cells!

Was looking at that all right, so will that work actively and you just leave it plugged in? Just wondering what the NEEY has that this doesn't have?

Yep. NEEY is technically the same, but has bluetooth and an app, so you can change settings, etc. Nice thing about this one is that it doesn't use any connector plugs. You can screw the balance wires directly into those green terminals

Last one remaining. Can post too for €13 extra

• Advertisement

Control.

The neey you configure via an app, set voltages when to start and when to sleep (eg only balance on the top end)

Have one in about 2 weeks now, I had a sorta balanced pack. And balanced it over a few charges, started with a relatively low max charge voltage, and was able to configure my bms to not reset to 100% too, so it would "float" the charge at that voltage,

Started at 55v and bumped it up 1 v every day,

Pack is charging all cells to 3.6 ish and even after 5ish hrs cells were still at 3.4,

Before, it dropped under 3.4 to a 3.3x quite quickly.

Very impressed with it, but I do have 2 leads from each (4p) cell, one for the bms and one for the balancer.

The balancer part of the neey hasn't activated in 3 days so far.

Advertisement