Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewable stuff for sale and wanted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi folks,

i've listed my eddi on adverts. Brand new in the box. wavering on including it my installation or not

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 64,916 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Glad you are seeing sense! You should get (most of) your money back, these are in short supply. Unless you have an enormous PV array and a huge water cylinder and use the Eddi to both heat the water and dump the rest to storage heaters, they really make no sense with a feed in tariff. Unless the feed in tariff should go way lower than the night rate some time in future. But you can cross that bridge if / when you get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭micks_address

ill see what the offers are like. im thinking it might be messy with my tank immersion as i rarely switch it on.. ideally needs to be a sink/basin switch on the immersion already and a stat for the immersion? could well be in place but id have to dig around.. there is a stat for the gas boiler.. on the cylinder but im not sure about the immersion.. ive seen a lot of posts talking about complications of using the preferred priority over battery, solar, grid etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭S'

Hi all,

I have a 5kw Puredrive battery for sale. Comes with leads. Used for 10 months

Fitted a DIY 20kwh battery pack, hence the sale.

Open to offers

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

There will be a stampede for that I would expect!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Got nowhere, could you please PM me the details of the Rexel rep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Thinking about selling this 3kwp of 9x QCells G9 All blacks 335w (if the price is right)

Up there just over one year.

Why, upgrading? You might not fit bigger wattage panels as they might be bigger. Be careful what you do!

I can fit 9 x 400w there, they are 2cmx10cm bigger than these ones.

Looks very tight in that top left corner, and it looks like you couldn't move them down by about an awful lot? But you might also fit a 10th panel to the left / bottom of your current setup?

But I see you got the addiction like many of us, every lost opportunity to go a few hundred watt up, is a thorn in your eye every time you look at it 😁

I'm about to squeeze in one more panel on my wall array. And next project is my virgin north facing roof. Got the panels for it today 😁

• Advertisement

Yeah it will be 3 top row, 4 middle row, 2 landscape bottom row.

And maybe I'll just throw these on the back of the house 😁

The extra panels are winter panels, summer already makes enough but suffering with the death of the rear 4kw until mid-Feb.

But then need to look at being able to capture the whole 8kw and the 6kw solis just won't do.

Did you ever find anything on the 8kw Deye/Sunsynk?

Not much on the Sunsynk. The 5.5kW are readily available and they are ok (the 120A charging / discharging is excellent) but I really want the 8.8kW as it would be absolutely perfect for my needs. Hitting brick walls in this country. But I'm like a dog with a bone. Not giving up.

@SD_DRACULA - "And maybe I'll just throw these on the back of the house"

Go for it 😁

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

And with the new NC7 there's reasons to having bigger inverters than 6kw, the old reason of the esb not allowing it doesn't really fly anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Selling my old panels and inverter if anyone is interested:

https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/solar-pv-x5-inverter-mounting-rails/28388228

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not mine, but figured it would be of interest.

PylonTech I presume, not Polytech...

€1900? You were ripped off, Nick.

Not sure if this add for batteries is any use to anyone here and have no idea about the quality, fits ground mount systems as well.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/brand-new-lifepo4-solar-battery-51-2v-14-5-kwh/32533743?campaign=23

Looks like a neat job, but you could do an even neater job with just 16 EVE 280Ah cells in series. The ones he used are also EVE cells or similar by the looks of it, but of a smaller capacity. He doesn't mention what BMS if any is included. These cells cost just over €2k incl. shipping from the most reputable battery seller on AliExpress, PWOD official stores:

So as you can see the ad you linked to is pretty poor value

It could be an option for people though when the likes of Puredrive are selling close to €2600 now for 5kwh, so if he supplies a 14.5kwh DIY set up and fits it for around €4000 it's an option.

A poor option. I'll do you the same setup and I'll charge you €3500 (and at that I will pocket a substantial profit) 😁

• Advertisement

You were asked! You declined. I'm sorted for batteries now so maybe someone else will take you up on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭poker--addict

It is not an unreasonable nixer... I am about to embark on the DIY build with batteries in transit. However, with a young family and various professional responsibilities, time is money. I would happily pay a fair premium to have someone sling it together, test it, and balance it, and still be 2 or 3 years less than the breakeven point of paying for over priced Irish provider installs.

😎

@poker--addict - "and balance it"

That'll be a €500 optional extra 😂

You'd be better getting an active balancer that does it for you and will keep doing it for you, for very little money (dumb ones are about €50-60)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

To be honest that's a good middleman between building it yourself (max savings) and paying someone for a battery in a box (max cost). I'd be similar in outlook to you @poker--addict , happy to buy stuff to fiddle around with but also happily pay a premium for something that arrives done due to being able to use the time saved to do other stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It is very time consuming but by going DIY there is a large knowledge gain

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

And good luck if you bought a battery from an installer or a third party if something goes wrong. If you built your own, at that stage you will probably be well able to sort it yourself (as per @slave1's comment)

But of course this route is not for everybody. You will end up spending much more time than you expected on it. Researching, buying components, building, maintaining it. But also improving it and expanding on it. Doing automations.

Solis 5kW hybrid 4G inverter for sale, perfect condition, with WiFi dongle. €1100, no offers. Not advertised anywhere else, only here on boards.ie

PM me if you are serious and ready to do the deal this weekend, collection in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Solis Hybrid 6kw 5g inverter for sale. Only 10 months old and in perfect condition.

1250 and can be viewed and collected in Galway 👍

Can charge and discharge @100A all day long according to the specs 😂

But seriously, that's a good price. New they are over €2000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cheers, may have to look at the price again then 😁

Advertisement