Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell XPS 15 L502x replacement keyboard?

• 04-01-2023 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My Dell XPS 15 L502x has been going strong since the day I bought it back in 2011. It's currently rolling with a 512GB SSD, 16GB Ram and in fairness does not miss a beat.

The problem that has arisen is that the keyboard has died. It lasted a long time, in fairness, but with 4 keys officially dead I need to get my hands on a replacement.

Does anyone know any reputable sites that would have this part in stock? I see a lot on eBay but have no doubt many are cheap knock offs and would rather not go through the dispute process with them.

Same request as regards a legitimate battery as dell has stopped selling parts for this machine long ago.

I've toyed with a new laptop but I have to go into the €1,500+ realm to get audio and a screen as good as the one on this machine and, tbf, it takes on any modern (non gaming/CAD) task on Windows 10 like a champ.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭feelings

Plenty on ebay as you say, genuine Dell part it says. Pick a seller with good rating? They seem to be only 30-40 EUR delivered.

Advertisement