Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW 17 - Matchday Thread 🎅

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Grealish off, Foden on, let's hope that Foden can show Grealish how to score

Strujk (Greenwood)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cancelo on for the cameo FS

It was destined to happen Shaw points stay on bench Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 15,042 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I did think Leeds were going to get one, they were attacking enough. As a non City defender owner, that's a great goal for me, especially with Cancelo's cameo.

Haaland should have got his hat trick there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Very nearly a Leeds second...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hate this game. Captain Bruno was outstanding last night but no rewards and KDB the same tonight. Yet no rewards. Cancelo comes and they concede.

And of course all my rivals captained Haaland and also got 9 points for Kepa. Eurgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

Should be hitting the 100 club tonight, 110 live score. When this game goes good, its very good but when it's bad - it's beyond misery.

To be fair captaining anyone but Haaland is asking for trouble, especially city playing a very open Leeds team, if anything your lucky that Haaland only has 2 goals - he could have had 4. I also didn't think Bruno was that good last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye same, ffs would have broken the100 points too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

89 points. If I hadn’t tinkered in Stephen’s morning it would have been 108.

95 points I think in the end with 3 1 pointers from cancelo,foden and James.

Happy from a fairly panicked wildcard or whatever it's called but have plenty to think about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

99 pts , nice green arrow from 112k to 63k

• Registered Users Posts: 17,375 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

86 and a big fat red arrow down to 186k OR.

Post edited by MEGA BRO WOLF 5000 on

Captaining Bruno is absolutely suicide over haaland 99 times in 100. Poor decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Poor attempt at trying to get a differenial and catch up on rivals.

Big ewww here.

70 points and it looks like that'll be below or around average.

92 all out. Benching Trippier the big regret. KDB over Salah is a miss at the first attempt.

Green arrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Despite my stupidity of picking James and Wilson, looks like I'll end up on 92...should see me break inside the magic 2M OR barrier 🙄

You ain't catching up with anyone making decisions like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

103 points in total this round and I'm currently ranked 653 overall. James was my only disappointment.

I'm doing so well so far that I'm caught in two minds going forward between wanting to (i) Differentiate and go with Salah as captain choice to try and break in to top 100 or (ii) protect my current position by sticking with Haaland as captain choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

108 points thanks to Mitrovic subbing in for Martinez. Big jump of over 500k places up to around 630k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

It's honestly ruining some of my enjoyment this year. Haaland is a big problem for FPL.

Different captains was arguably the most fun part. But this year going against Haaland is idiotic

I actually think somewhat the opposite, it's now in theory a fairer game as your not getting lucky or crucified by a 50/50 captain choice. Was it a couple of seasons ago where we saw City with a DGW and some TC Sterling/Sane, who ended up getting 20 mins over two games, while Aguero got like 80+ points for those the TC him. A simple decision effectively ended some players seasons - and given the form of Sterling/Sane at the time it was understandable picking them. Granted it was fun for those that got it right. But one captain choice shouldn't make/break someone's season.

Now it's how good are you at picking 10 other players and a bench. I even liked the way we got the unlimited transfers - the second chance league - with all the information from the first half of the season, there are so many good cheap options this year returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

The second chance league is only there for one reason, trying to revive the 7 or 8 million dead teams for a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

Only Darwin, Cancelo and Saliba blank and miss out on Robertson 8points on my bench but 97 all out and HEWT. Up to 650,000OR from 917,000 at start of game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

78. Not happy with that at all. The differentials are killing me.Frustrating game if were honest. I'll triple cap Haaland for evertons visit to the eithad this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

I don't wholly disagree, but essentially not having a captain makes it way harder to chase down people.

Maybe it's just me being cranky, but I think the game has got less enjoyable over the last few years.

yes and no, I would hazard a guess that Haaland has been auto captain for the last 12 games maybe when he's been fit? So if someone has a big lead, is that because of their skills of picking players, you can get lucky of course, but if it's not your captain, it's probably going to be no more than 12 points. Now if someone is 50 points ahead of you already, that's about 3 points each GW - there is still plenty of time for you to turn that around as big a gap as that may seem. If you get to 5 weeks out and your still chasing that far behind - sure gamble of a different captain, but otherwise try picking players that you think will be better than what your opponent has.

Flip argument could be it's harder to run away from people without a captain either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Correct re Halaand making the game a little boring this year. The differentials are also so tiny every week that I can't see myself catching some people in my league that are only 40 points ahead of me. It's amazing. Last year that could have been done with 1 good week and the right captain.

Advertisement