Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭traleelad2

I don’t think that’s very fair to say. Damage like that can be done in a split second.

While yes we need more Garda patrolling the streets, it is not the fault of normal rank and file members. They are rostered for duty the same way other people are rostered for a days work and like any short staff workplace they are doing their best.

The lack of Gardai needs to be politically addressed as that’s where the budgets are formed and agreed. It needs to start with the local councillors on the ground putting pressure at joint policing meeting and on their parties TD’s to increase resources for Gardai.

Blame lies solely with the people that commit these stupid acts of vandalism and their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Take care this morning, the roads are absolutely lethal with black ice. It doesn't look like the council have gritted them.

Anyone venture to the Christmas markets in island of geese? Couldn’t make it in with the roads but it looked really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

It was excellent, fair play to organisers and stall holders, it was better than I was expecting! I went down Friday evening for a look, the place was thronged, great atmosphere, lovely lighting, covered seating area if you wanted to sit down and have coffee/eat something, couple of small roundabout things for kids. All in all an excellent Christmas market, I was there before any music/singing started but I imagine it would have added greatly to the atmosphere.

I didn't actually buy anything though, a bit more food stalls would be nice but for a first outing it was very good, it's hard to coordinate food stalls with the possible wastage etc if not a success or weather fails! Not sure how second night went with the bad weather, it was just starting to rain Friday evening when I left which can't have been good either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The market was lovely, great success by all accounts! We went down Friday evening and thankfully it had stopped raining but the paths got very icy. Saw a girl fall on her back outside the Garda station it was so bad! But they were doing all they could to keep it safe at the market and there was a great crowd. My son was singing in one of the choirs, and it was lovely!

I was hoping to go down again on Saturday but didn't end up going as I wasn't feeling well and a bit worried about driving. I was told there was still a good crowd there, although possibly less than the Friday night. I am sure this will be an annual event, it was really well done. I would say maybe it was on a little too late in the evening and maybe should be started a bit earlier, but Well done to all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

I think the short two hour slot was a mistake and could easily have ran from 4-7.

The layout was excellent and the Xmas stall markers really separated it from just a normal market.

I was maybe expecting a few more stalls but hopefully after it’s success there will be a larger number next year.

We went to the Santa show in the square beforehand and I must say it was fantastic, especially the 2 main characters the Elf and the fairy Princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭phormium

Was it 2 hours? It was advertised as 5 to 9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Anyone driving around? How are the roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Kerry at home to Cobh in Week 1 of the First Division in February, so should see a fair contingent of Corkonians in Tralee that Friday.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

It was 5 - 9pm for sure. Some stalls opened earlier than advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

My apologies, don’t know why I had 5-7 in my head,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Council announces 97 locations where grit can be collected

DEC 12, 2022 13:12

BY RADIOKERRYNEWS

Kerry County Council has announced a list of 97 locations around the county where people can collect grit to use in their locality.

It’s being made available as the inclement weather is set to last until the weekend at least, and perhaps beyond that.

The grit is for community use, such as at schools, churches, and facilities for older people.

Advertisement

It can be used by individuals and groups on local roads and footpaths.

Below is the full list of 97 grit locations in Kerry:

Advertisement

Killarney Municipal District

Killarney Town

Advertisement

• High St car park
    • Lewis Road car park
    • Adjacent to the Cahernane Hotel on Muckross road
    • New St car park

Killarney Rural

• Coolick National School
    • Loughquittane National School
    • Mangerton Road Lay-by
    • Ballyhar Church
    • Shrone Cross
    • Raheen National School
    • Knockanes National School
    • Glounonea Grotto
    • Old Kilcummin Creamery
    • Flynn’s Forge
    • Clonkeen Church
    • Listry GAA Club
    • Knockacullig North

Advertisement

Tralee Municipal District

Tralee Town

• Matt Talbot Road car park
    • Muing/Oakpark Road Junction
    • Castlemorris Terrace
    • Aquadome car park.
    • Shanakill
    • Rahoonane
    • Caherina Cross
    • Rathass Burial Ground (Ballinorig side).
    • The Mart
    • Spa Road

Advertisement

Tralee Rural

• Leith Cross
    • Tonevane Cross
    • Derrymore / Camp
    • Ardfert Graveyard
    • Fenit Village
    • Spa / Tankard Bar

Kenmare Municipal District

Cahersiveen

• Caherciveen - Fair Green at the rear of the Library
    • Kells - Kells Station N70
    • Foilmore football field
    • Reenard football field
    • Chapeltown football field
    • Ballinskelligs - Ballinskelligs football field
    • Dromid - Dromid football field
    • Waterville - Inny Bridge N70
    • Caherdaniel - Caherdaniel Car Park
    • Castlecove - Church on N70

Killorglin

• Killorglin - Kerry County Council Compound on the Cromane road
    • Beaufort – Churchtown car park
    • Milltown – Opposite the Mart on Myles Lane
    • Glenbeigh – Car park on Rossbeigh road
    • Cromane - Kerry County Council Compound on the Cromane road
    • Glencar Church
    • Kiltallagh Church
    • Castlemaine Pier
    • Ballyfinnane – Parking area at River Maine Bridge
    • Gap of Dunloe, Kate Kearney’s Cottage

Kenmare

• Kenmare - Pier Rd
    • Sneem - N70 at Junction of Oriech Rd
    • Kilgarvan - Dance Hall R569
    • Bonane - Between Bonane Church N71 and Bonane NS
    • Lauragh - Lauragh Church R571
    • Blackwater - Direendaragh Church
    • Templenoe - Templenoe Church

Listowel Municipal District

• Listowel Town – Neodata Site
    • Causeway – Church Carpark
    • Finuge – GAA Carpark
    • Duagh – GAA Carpark
    • Moyvane – Parking area near GAA pitch
    • Knockanure - Near Ahavoher Burial Ground
    • Tarbert – Near Sensory Garden – N-69
    • Ballyheigue – Beach Carpark
    • Kilmoyley – Church Carpark
    • Ballylongford – Old Creamery Yard
    • Abbeydorney – Near GAA Pitch
    • Lixnaw – Parking area near Playground near ICW wetlands
    • Kilflynn- Area near Village Crossroads (adjacent to Parkers Bar)
    • Lisselton – Near Bottle Banks
    • Asdee – Near Bottle Banks
    • Ballyduff - Church Yard
    • Ballybunion – Fire Station

Castleisland-Corca Dhuibhne MD

Castleisland Area

• Brosna GAA Field
    • Knocknagoshel GAA Field
    • Knocknaboul Cross, Ballydesmond
    • Cordal, Outside Graveyard
    • Glountane Bridge, Cordal
    • Farranfore, Outside Graveyard

Dingle West:

• Lispole – at the layby near the Church
    • Ventry Carpark
    • Ballyferriter – near the National School
    • Dun Chaoin – near Krugers
    • Murioch – at the beach carpark adjacent to the Gaeltacht grounds
    • Feohanagh at the cross roads

Dingle East:

• Boolteens –carpark across from the church
    • Keel -Painted wall
    • Inch – carpark across from church
    • Annascaul – Mountain Stage
    • Clahane – Carpark next to the church
    • Castlegregory – Community Centre West Main Street
    • Camp – Parking area lower camp
    • Stradbally – Creamery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

anyone know why the water is off?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Whereabouts in Tralee are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭barryribs

Burst pipes all over the town and water conservation coming into effect tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Feck sake. Is this up on kerrycoco/irishwater re when where yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭barryribs

Mine is back about an hour but the pressure is down. Some other areas are later today

That link will give you the latest updates on it

My water pressure was very low last night & didn't know why. Irish water said today it was because of this water conservation. Apparently they are doing it all over the country.

• Advertisement

Irish Water | Uisce Éireann | Water Utility | Irish Water

Water Conservation restrictions may cause intermittent supply disruptions to in Tralee, Killarney, Castleisland, Castlemaine, Firies and surrounding areas in Co. Kerry.

Crews are working to have the supply restored as soon as possible.

We recommend that you allow 2-3 hours after the estimated restoration time for your supply to fully return.

I noticed recently that 'the Yellow Door' up Denny Lane didn't look like it was open anymore. Its up on Daft to rent so it must have closed. I never heard about it closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teroknor83

Yeah, I noticed that recently too, pity, I enjoyed the food and service there.

I was driving through Caherslee a couple of evenings this week and noticed there are a lot of street lights not working. I had a look on the fault reporting page on Airtricity, and they seem to have been reported, but not due to be fixed until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Maybe cutting electricity usage in parts of France all street lights cut off after 1 am till 6 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for bathroom companies in Tralee? We need to get an ensuite redone (new tiles, shower etc). I got a quote from Bathrooms 4 U, but found them to be very expensive. There are quite a few companies in town, but I've never had to do a bathroom job before so don't know where to start really!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,071 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Green plumbing I think in Clash. Excellent fitting selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

If your looking for someone to take it all on start to finish like bathrooms4u do then you don't have many options as it's multiple trades (plumber, tiler, even electrician maybe)

a quick google and i find O Sullivan bathroom renovations in Monavalley

Never heard of them but worth a call

Green heat in clash supply all the bathroom hardware and sanitary ware and they are very good but you'll need a plumber to fit it.

Your options really are a crowd to take it all on but charge a premium for doing so or direct labour but good look getting tradesmen these days as they are so busy

• Advertisement

The biggest part of job is the tiling, and we are going to replace the shower frame. Won't be needing new toilet or sink. But the tiling is our biggest problem as we have a lot of old cracking tiles, so doing that is going to be the most awkward part. I will have a ring around in the new year and see what to do.

Advertisement