Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a tablet, recommendations?

Options
  • 24-12-2022 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I had been using my laptop for travel but recently upgraded to a HP Omen 16 and I'm not prepared to risk its integrity by using it on the train alongside the scrotes and other anti-socials.

I asked in a repair store about making some upgrades to my old rigg (a HP notebook) to make it useable again, but he said replacing the hard drive would be costly and explained that for my purposes (youtube, websites, some light word/excel work whilst using public transport) I'd be far better off just getting a tablet.

Before I bought the HP Omen I put in literally works of research ensuring the spec was on point (being a gaming laptop), which absolutely paid off;

Now buying a tablet, I want the same purchase satisfaction.

Curry's typically deliver decent products at competitive rates, perhaps there'll be some good after-Christmas prices becoming available shortly?

In physics we trust....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Also, I don't want to go too crazy with the price, definitely not up into the 500 euro range;

More so keeping it around 200 or so, but I'm flexible somewhat.

As it will be replacing a 15.6 inch laptop for watching videos etc., a bigger screen would be preferred.

Good quality graphics definitely preferred, quality HD screen as I use it for youtube a lot, and I normally plug in my headphones but I'd imagine sound quality would be consistent enough using an audio jack?

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Tablets that seem popular with my general requisit spec, and priced accoringly are:

LENOVO Tab M10 10.1" Tablet - 32 GB, Black

SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet - 32 GB, Graphite

Also liking this:

LENOVO Tab P11 Plus 4 GB 11" Tablet - 128 GB, Grey

Good screen size

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

Advertisement