Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Bus Service Changes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Do you reckon these be deployed accross all routes or a select few intercity standard ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

Mercedes-Benz Tourismo

the 6 will be for the 705x 2 based in belfast and 4 in Derry not sure when delivery will take place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Thanks for the info.

Any reason they're moving away from the plaxtons?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭belfast stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭soundman45

Looks like the Airport Hopper is making a return soon as Dualway are currently recruiting drivers for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Social media reactivated today saying mid-December, "under new management" (erm, no, if its still Dualway) on both routes.

Seperately, Dublin Express have had their millionth passenger. Decent % of the bus passengers.

Yes Dualway have sold it on apparently

Going by one of the replies to the facebook post, the "new management" is a completely new venture. Also, it was mentioned that timetables and stops are due to be announced next week.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Been reading the Airport Hopper Facebook page for the last couple of weeks.

I have to say that whoever is writing it has the very special talent of writing a lot of words without really saying anything of any substance whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Have to agree, best one was yesterday when they addressed the FAQ who is the new owner of the Airport Hopper and then went on a ramble not giving any indication as to who actually owns it, and that may also be a reason they are not able to attract drivers, if I were to apply for the job I would first like to know what company I am considering working for.

I also notice that they have asked people to rate a service that isn't running 5 stars to negate the negative reviews that were made when the service was actually running in the past.

If you could, please REVIEW our Facebook & Google page 5 stars as it's currently got some negative reviews from the previous incarnation of the business. We have taken note of ALL of the negative reviews and will be using them to improve this new service.

A positive review will only take you a minute but it will have a huge effect on our new business which we are taking a massive gamble with setting up. We're doing this because we feel it's needed with the increased cost of living and we have used this service ourselves in the past.

Airport Hopper now have a new website up which references Dualway's address at the bottom of every page and the GDPR page also reads

Who we are

Throughout this document, “we”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refers to Airport Hopper and/or the team that works within the company.

We have a registered address at:

Dualway Transport

Keatings Park

Rathcoole, Co. Dublin

There certainly is an air of mystery around this service!

Post edited by devnull on

Seems Airport Hopper will be back up and running come 4am. Very little notice about it, this article was only posted on the 18th and the Airport Hopper FB page made an announcement on Saturday.

Just the maynooth route for now, with Tallaght starting in January.

Still their website data protection policy and their privacy policy continues to references them as being part of Dualway and they continue to have an address at the foot of every page that is the same as Dualway.

A reminder that they previously claimed that ownership of the company had changed in a Facebook post without really giving any details away.

This is a question that keeps popping up. The previous owners of the business were unable to continue the service due to impacts of COVID-19. The new owners are completely independent from any national service operators and will be fully running the business themselves. Having used the service on numerous occasions, the new owners felt there was a need to provide this service, particularly with the increased cost of living.

This has questions from a data holding point of view since on one hand they are saying that they are under new ownership but their GDPR policy is claiming that the data is being manged and held by the Dualway Group.

I note they also don't have any telephone number on their website, which doesn't exactly inspire confidence in an airport service. Even if it was limited hours it would be better.

Also today they were using one of the old 181 Iveco Dualway Airport Hoppers on the Maynooth service so it really is hard to believe they have nothing to do with this service anymore.

According to their Facebook page:

We have a new fleet of luxury coaches upgrading from the old style ones that previously ran on the service. We hope that you like them!

I'm glad that the areas involved are getting an airport service again as it's long overdue but there are certainly unanswered questions about this service.

It was deffo a Dualway bus on the service today. It had previously had all the decals removed and was on school services then today it had Airport Hopper logos on it again on the 12 midday service from Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Looks like a temporary Mercedes-Benz Tourismo bus is being deployed for use across all routes according to the Aircoach Facebook Page:

It looks cool. Should I expect to see it in Bray over the coming weeks?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

18 quid e/w for walk up fares. No mention of staff or taxsaver discounts.

I'll stick to train and 41 for 2 euro e/w....

• Advertisement

Aircoach have a few hire-ins to allow Panthers to be used for the 705x expansion to Derry, until the new Tourismos arrive. There's a Eirebus Jockneere regularly on the 700 and another hire-in has been seen on the 706x as well.

Yep noticed the address was the same as Dualway, definitely an odd situation going on there

I'm not sure that is actually what is happening this week though, if you look at bustimes.org you can see the usage of the fleet over the course of this week and yesterday there was around 15 Aircoach owned vehicles of various ages that didn't turn a wheel in service.

https://bustimes.org/operators/aircoach/vehicles

I would imagine this is all about staff shortages as drivers take leave, they are having to backfill with hire ins.

Latest updates from the Airport Hopper

We're only a small start-up family-ran business at the moment as we find our feet.

We are getting over 200+ messages and comments every single day. At times, we may miss your message which can be easily answered by looking at our website (FAQs section, timetable, tickets etc.)

If you cannot find the answer to your query on our website, please then email our team at info@airporthopper.ie and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please note, there is a HUGE volume of emails but we will respond as soon as we can

As a new business, which we technically are, we need as much help as possible in getting the word out there to people who may use our service.

If you know ANYONE who used the old Airport Hopper OR has given out about the cost of the Airport Carpark or Taxis, please let them know that we're back!

There has been a few comments on their social media posts I note about services not arriving the last couple of days and also I gather they are going to allow social welfare pass holders to book a seat for free to guarantee them a place.

It does seem though if Dualway are at all involved (not been able to establish this for certain yet), there is another company involved with this service that wasn't prior to the pandemic.

Seen on one of the Bus Enthusiast Facebook groups, that Spain's of Galway now own it. Now of course that's very much not officially confirmed mind you.

They are the company I have heard are involved in the delivery of the service in terms of staff and vehicles but there are still things to be clarified if any other company is involved in any aspect of the operation.

The vehicles are definitely the old Dualway Noone's (apt for a Maynooth service, of course!)

There has been at least one of Spain's vehicles seen as well in white. Perhaps that is ex Dualway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Seems to be the exact same buses and livery with the Dualway branding removed. Saw one near Harristown garage.

• Advertisement

I see there is now more details on the Dublin Airport Flyer on their website

https://airportflyer.ie/

It looks VERY similar to the Dublin Airport Hopper site in terms of layout and booking engine.

Route appears to be

Barrow Street - St John Rogerson's Quay - Airport Coach Park according to the timetable but the journey planner has Capital House Dock, Charlemont Street and Radisson Blu hotel listed as stops. 

Advertisement