Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

off topic site moderation

Options
  • 20-12-2022 8:40pm
    Administrators Posts: 357 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is Elon Musk hurting Tesla?.

Mod Note: Thread created to clean up posts and closed

Comments

Social media is toxic in general and the world would be far better off without it. It's making People insane. I don't have facebook and twitter and apart from talking Shyte on boards that's as far as I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You just posted that on a site which is basically social media 😉

I don't disagree and in general I think boards is a bit better run that almost every social media site

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Well since I get comments deleted and banned for talking about boards.ie censorship I quite disagree that it's run a bit better, censorship is censorship no matter what way you cut it and it's wrong to censor another persons speech because you disagree with it, I do like the fact that the old way of posting comments on the internet on a forum doesn't include hearing nonsense about other People or who they're in a relationship with or seeing stupid pictures and videos, this being connected to hundreds of people or more is just madness, so many People knowing your business.

Someone in charge of monitoring should be sensible enough and know the difference between someone voicing an opinion that might be offensive to others which is their problem or someone genuinely abusing someone else and getting pleasure out of it but the person responsible for censoring/modding is often going to censor what they themselves don't want to hear/see so where's the fairness in that ? the E.U wants twitter to continue censorship " or they'll do it for them" tyrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

However, an unmoderated and uncensored Boards.ie would indeed be a hateful place very quickly.

There are a huge number of loons posting on this website regularly, and decent moderation keeps (most of) them in check most of the time.

There's no logic to boards.ie modding, being banned for the silliest things, comments deleted because People didn't like to hear it, and if the mods don't like you then you have no hope especially if it's political and the mod is on one side instead of being neutral and just doing what he/she is really supposed to.

Banning comments because you accept one view and not anothers is wrong, shutting others up so you can be heard is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭josip

Mad_Lad you're one of the main reasons I lurked the EV sub forum years ago. I followed your daily exploits with the Leaf and after that the i3. You had great knowledge when few did and you were happy to share it and also how you learned it as you went along. You're the only reason I keep an eye on the ID.3 forum, and will always read one of your posts. But your recent posts complaining about modding are only inevitably going to lead to one outcome. It almost seems like you want that to happen they way you've been posting recently. It would be a less interesting subforum without you and I'd be delighted if you could find some way to vent your frustrations with the modding without getting banned. I dunno, take up kick boxing or bonsai, or maybe talk to the dog about it on a walk. The dog's been listening to my grievances for years and he hasn't ratted on me yet :) OT I accept, so if mods want to delete it, work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well that's between you and the mods mate, maybe stay off the forums you keep getting banned from 😉

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

See above comment.........says it all.

I've taken the decision to delete my boards.ie account and I won't be back. I just can't be bothered to deal with the moderating here any more, life is too short to have to deal with this nonsense. I'm done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Comer1

For me, that's a pity. I don't agree with some of your opinions but your posts are usually very useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭fits

Would be sorry to see you go @[Deleted User] You’ve been very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: For anyone with questions on the moderation action here please PM me directly, as per the forum charter on-thread discussion of moderation is not allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement