Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports Fantasy World Cup

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Which boardsie is winning the whole thing now?! manual_man is 5th. I recognise the name from our boards Sky league cos they are winning our league at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm down to 13th now. Liam has managed to leapfrog me with a great late surge. 2nd place overall seems Irish by the team name ('Eire'). 6th place too. Personally - Kane's pen miss was a huge blow for me. He was lowly owned and I also had him captain. 16 point swing had he scored. And I also had 4 English players in total, so on top of the 5 Brazilians I had that also went out in the quarters, that realistically felt like curtains for my chances of winning the whole thing. Still in with a chance in the money leagues mind you. Really enjoyed the short format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

The Eire team guy is in our boards league and is winning it at the moment. Liam is always dangerous in the Sky game, he must have a fair few French players. Probably a block defence or something!

You were very unlucky with that Kane miss. Not sure anyone would have thought he would miss to be honest. There was a good chance that England would have won if he had scored. Not sure of the format but do you have many transfers left to get rid of players already knocked out?

I have 1 player in the 3rd place playoff (hopefully he starts). Can then use my last 3 transfers to bump myself up to 9 playing in the final. Could be worse. Hopefully I can secure a top 4 finish in the money leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Would u not be better putting Ur 3 subs into the 3rd place game,at least you'll know whose definitely playing,b4 ko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Somehow 6th overall and Shane in 3rd aswell. Tomorrow will be interesting

Best of luck Liam. You may as well just go for it. I'm just trying to defend a money finish in the cash leagues at this stage. 90%+ will captain Messi tomorrow I imagine. But if you pick another player and manage to nail it...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Yea gonna go for a differential Captain. Not sure who yet but will decide later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Have really enjoyed playing the Sky game for World Cup. It is a better format than FPL in many ways but you need to be more dedicated. I do think they should give you the option to plan ahead more - not being able to pre select captains for the forthcoming week until after the current game week ends means it’s easy to miss out. I think I just missed out once during this World Cup but can never keep it up during the full league season.

The price structure is hard to understand too. It’s hard to get a read on which players provide genuine value - but maybe this is part of the charm of Sky compared to FPL where the best picks are often no brainers.

Good luck to Liam, Shane and anyone else in the reckoning in the cash leagues today!

Can make transfers in between game days on this, right up until kickoff of the 1st game of the day. I used 1 getting in Modric yesterday, will use other 2 on the game today after lineups are released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I’m currently sitting top of the Boards cash league. Best of luck Trimm Trabbs and everyone else.

No assist for Ziyech yesterday?🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Winner of boards pay league was Trimm Trabb….winnings of 140 paid out earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Thanks Hackers.

Had a bet on Argentina to win, Messi golden ball and Messi top scorer at 66/1 so the Mbappe goals that won me this came at a cost!

Advertisement