Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belfast Marathon 19/09/2021

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bgiraffe

Got an email from the iTab crowd this morning. Turns out they dispatched the 'incorrect size' and will be recalling it. Of course the email has CC'd hundreds of people who are presumably in the same boat. Lovely bit of GDPR awareness there. Got another email a few mins later saying they were recalling the original email. Shortly afterwards another email....

From queuing for hours on Saturday to queuing for ages for the toilets before the race, to this now, it's been a bizarre experience. I actually still enjoyed the run itself but the organisation around it is amateur hour stuff to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

Queue for 3 plus hours like most, got a number, turns out they gave me the wrong number and someone else name came up in the results. The lack of toilets at the start are a bit of a disaster and the occasional battle with oncoming traffic on the course also a negative.

many more positives. crowd unreal, challenging course, some music en route, good atmosphere, good city(although everything seemed to be closing by the time id recovered for a pint at around half 9), lots of water stations and first aid, load of people with sweets n biscuits, bag collection very good, transport worked to what was advertised,

This was the largest marathon on the island this year so fair play belfast, people can say that Dublin is better organised all they like but at least Belfast went ahead and even though Dublin a more professional.event ill remember Belfast was there in 2021 if i ever do another full marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

also no idea why the tickets have QR codes, didnt see anything that resembled a scanner at all, the pick up.on saturday was done with with a printed excel sheet and a green highlighter!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'd say they are getting some "interesting" feedback to that survey they sent out in the pack collection section..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭sk8board

got an email about the early bird for the 2022 marathon on May 1.

clicked through to the site, and front and center there’s bold text to say the packs wont be posted out.

So I closed the site and got on with my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can understand that any marathon would prefer to go back to the Expo style pack collection, I assume the advertisers prefer that system. So I guess that is their reasoning.

But I certainly won't be going anywhere near them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Tommy Max

I hear that the course has changes to it for 2023. anybody have knowledge of the new course and is it a worthwhile marathon to consider. limerick or cork the alternatives. how does belfast compare with those two?

Advertisement