Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which leaf blower/vacuum?

Options
  • 11-12-2022 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Have a driveway of about 200m and a big parking area, all chip and tar. And a lot of trees like beech and acers that shed a lot of leaves that can get wet and heavy. So looking for something with a bit of power, ideally a vacuum as like to gather and remove, though that's not crucial. Would probably prefer electric/corded as have long reels and I guess they'll be lighter.

Presume it's a good time to check Done Deal as people will have finished getting rid of leaves. Any recommendations of makes and models? Anything to consider or avoid? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Forget about electric. Also in my opinion trying to hoover up wet leaves is a waste of time - it's better to blow it onto a heap and then pick it up - if you feel you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Why bother

Can't see the point of powerwashing and leaf blowing, always seems such a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A rake ?

The wind ?

Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I bought a petrol makita on screwfix last year, its a serious machine, it'll even blow the gravel around the place, I think it was around 500 euro I paid for it but I wouldn't do without it now

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭redseat1

I suppose I've come from a place where it was all gravel/sand and I always raked and brushed up leaves to stop them forming a slippery mat and moss or lichen forming. Plus I think it looks a little ugly. And that was pretty labour intensive. Possibly less of an issue on tar and chip alright as might be easier to sweep off.

Thanks for the point about not needing the hoover function @T-Maxx, that makes sense. I'm not OCD about getting every last one at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I used a Stihl backpack leaf blower for about 6 years in a very big garden with about 600m of gravel paths and a tree lined drive that was 400m long. I started out with a hand held petrol blower which was handy but nothing like as good as the backpack one. No point me saying which model as its long since been superseded but the current Stihl BR 430 would be the nearest.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Go to your local hire shop and try a few out,

Advertisement