Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭jkforde

this is just an fyi for Solis owners..

the firmware was updated on mine, which resulted in the charge rate to the Pylontech batteries being limited to 250W... so restarted the whole shebang but the batteries weren't playing ball and the inverter was reporting 'CAN FAIL'... turns out I had to restart the Pylontech U2000 batteries by pressing the red SW button on the master battery.

hope of some use to some one, now if only Boards would get the finger out in enhancing the woegus Search feature on here.

(btw, anyone know the etymology of woegus? love the word!)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 21,544 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Quoting for future reference. I found this thread through googling. This "set everything else to off" secret auto mode is not intuitive but it's the mode you want to be in. I'm a fiddler myself and I could not for the life of me get this back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Anyone have issues with the time on the inverter? If I change it, the time will revert again within a few minutes. Could be a timezone issue but I do not know where that would be set

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

Morning.

On day 2 after install.

Have noticed that due to non favourable weather the battery discharges to 15% and then decides to charge from the grid back up to 20%.

SOC is 20%

FOC is 15%

I have an old meter so was great to see it going backwards yesterday. But I don't have a day night rate.

Hardware is solis hybrid 6kw inverter.

5kw soluna battery.

4kw solar installed.

I don't want it to charge from the grid at all at all only from solar so should I instead change it to backup mode and have that at 20%?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I don't think what you want is possible, battery is preventing itself from going to zero, that normal. It's gonna be a long winter if you worry about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Only way to fix this is to either charge the battery to 100% and turn it off or charge it from grid every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭rameire

Cheers for the info.

I shall not worry about it. Was hoping there was a solution.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Don't worry I was like you last year with an october install. By march hopefully you will be smiling and enjoying loads of sun.

It's only a small trickle from grid tho I've never measured it. If you charge at night rate over 8 hours slowly in winter it should only be a few hours a day at empty.... nothing stopping u asking for a night meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭con747

As long as you have the reversing meter make sure you always submit a reading a couple of units above the last one. It shouldn't be an issue this time of year because of low generation but if it's still there come spring onwards it will probably go back more than you can use like mine.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭silver_sky

You'll struggle to fill it regularly over winter so I would think that you should charge it from the grid, at least occasionally.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Howdy all, I have just added a second Solis inverter to my setup. I can't seem to add it to my existing "plant" on the Solis app, a web search does not seem to help, has anyone here done it or chanced across a guide on how to do so?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Have you registered it with Solis? I know when got my 3.6kw changed to a 5kw the old inverter still shows on my app but as abnormal offline.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I figured it out, needed to create a new plant, didn't think that was the correct route as it sounded like it would not add the two inverters together to give me my total generation but it does so done now

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭AntonP

This shall help out there a few folks.

I found a way, after a million tests, to get a better behaviour.

Solis S5 EH1P 6K L => should work for other Solis

2 x Dyness A48100, total 9.6Kw

Firmware updated by Solis : A10037 (original 3D0037) -> this method would work too with original firmware

Version 3D0037 has a wattage figure mismatch displaying 4 times the watts consumed from the Battery to the inverter when the battery is just DC feeding the inverter (if you are just in self use mode with the 20% SOC to Forcecharge 15% as default).

Version A10037 does fix the Wattage mismatch number. I can now see 24W, 19W or 14W, 9W the same as what my Dyness battery app tells me (was 62W before displayed on Solis). Seems this firmware has fixed that incorrect figure display.

To (partially) fix the overnight drain of DC from battery to inverter when is under the SOC %, and then force charge and again drain etc, use the steps below:

Select your battery. I select Dyness, you should select your brand Pylon or whatever.

In winter, to get the battery on a better state I'll be rising all the figures 20% up. Once spring starts to hit you should get all the percentage figures 20% down or whatever fits your system best.

SOC 38% & Force Charge 38% - I selected 300W charge rate as the minimum I can select, 5000W is the default.

Self use ON (if this is not ON then battery doesn't get discharged at all under the battery percentage set)

Battery Reserve ON => 39% - just 1% more than the SOC and FC (also make sure you allow charge from grid to Battery on this mode)

What will happen:

Battery will go down normal consumption until it hits 39%.

Then it will trickle the 19W/24W (5W up/down) off the battery from 39% until it reaches 36%

(this will always be down to 3% under your Battery reserve ON setting)

It should then charge up to 40% and battery go to standby (0W discharge). Inverter will feed itself converting from AC to DC.

Next morning, the battery would should charge normal when sun hits panels, only if you setup this option to Disable.

If you leave it to Enable, then the battery will not charge the next day and you'd have to enable / disable backup supply mode to get it to charge.

Proof (see legend):

My main goal is to try to get the inverter to just put the battery to standby (and avoid feeding the house and inverter when it reaches 40%!) when it reaches a certain percentage the first time it happens, and avoid to have to set all this up to force the battery to be recharged once to get the standby activation and the 19W consumption from DC instead AC.

Battery doesn't need this extra stress and usage, would increase its life & performance.

Also, the "recharge" at 5000W that happens from 37% to 40% does also come from AC to battery DC and it consumes extra energy to do that, not sure why Solis is forcing this behaviour when some users might want it to just respect the SOC entered in the first place.

PS: if you don't have the A10037 firmware, this should also work, but you would see incorrect W in the DC usage of battery.

With previous firmware, I used to see 62/63W before, however my Dyness app was telling me 19W/24W/29W which does match now the inverter figures.

I anyone has a better setting please share!

i dont see the point of keeping a battery 40% full. Its made to be used - i drain mine down to 10%.

Basically the battery is full by 8am and most days it remains above 90% until twilight (earlier and earlier for a few more weeks!). This covers me for a lot of the evening dinner load (up to 2.5Kw draw). By 9pm im likely totally depleted - so its only maintaining that 10% from grid for maybe 2 hours before I start night rate charging again.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭AntonP

Battery will last longer if not discharged that much all the time. During winter I won’t go up from 20 to 100% any day with 9.6kWh capacity, prefer to swing from 40 to 90% max and be gentle with them. Spring comes I’d change to 20%.

Check ur battery manufacturer for recommended settings.

Dyness also recommends charging them at least once to 80% every 6 months. This way I am sorted too.

Plus, it depends on usage, if you have night rate and are charging overnight is a different thing altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Just wondering did anyone else with a Solis inverter get a notification in the app to say a firmware update was required?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

yeah I got one today, pretty vague around timings! I click on it expecting to be taken to another screen with details and an accept or reject button but noting

If you log into the Solis Cloud website it's there in a tab called todo.

Post edited by Ha Long Bay on

On the mobile Solis cloud app if you click on the 3 dots top right after opening it the message centre is there. It gave me the option to click agree or not agree to the update. It said update will happen within 5 days.

• Advertisement

Same here. I went for it . Was wondering if it was cause I did something but I guess not

I agreed to it as well. What version are you currently running? I am on 3A0029.

I didn't get it. Then again I'm not on a regular production version. Anyone that gets the upgrade can you please share what version it puts you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Model: F6

Version: 330026

a completely different version to others...am I ahead or behind? 😁

Way behind I think. You're looking at the last two digits for the DSP version, so version 26 where the others above are on 29. My own is on a version of 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Received this notification today. Just wondering if anyone has recent update and if they noticed improvement in any area?

Currently on version 3A0029.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,284 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I've one open since the summer. I had forgotten about it tbh!

Advertisement