Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis inverter settings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

Mine is a F3 model RHI-5K-48ES-5G, version went from 3A0029 to 3A00B2 and now it's on version 4300B2 since the update during the night.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

I'm on 3A002A (F3, RHI 5G) and have the in-app inverter control after it was enabled, via separate support tickets. so what is the latest firmware meant to enable or fix?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Possibly the in app inverter control? I sent off a request for it as well but still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭silver_sky

No upgrade for me :( what's the battery discharge like when full and there's generation? on an older version it was discharging about 300W.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Thanks for checking and I assume they did nothing for 100a/15mins?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I didn't see anything different. Battery sat at 100%/99% for large periods of the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Haven't checked yet. Generally have no reason to charge/discharge at 100A for extended periods.

Grand thanks. I think I'll end up having to call Solis to get my ticket sorted so I may ask about an update then. Will try the PureDrive update first, if they ever send it.

I got a reply from Solis and the inverter control on the app has been activated but my datalogger needs to be updated. I'll leave it for now because the inverter is accessible to do it manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Anytime noticed shower charging since update? Last two nights max charge for the EV 3 hour window was 45A even though it is set to 100A . Would say temperature affecting it only for similar temperatures over the last week before the update and no issue then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

I was thinking my batteries have not being charging or discharging as fast since the Solis update but I haven’t checked the settings yet.

The temperature is noticeably colder at night this week and moreso around when Solis did the update. Thurs night into Friday morning was especially bad.

I've a temp & humidity sensor in the attic where my inverter & battery is located. See below. It's a cold roof construction.

Temperatures have been lower last week in my solar shed but still did the 100A/70A charging no problem. Since update max charge is 60A and dropping to 46A after few minutes when charging from grid

That's the inverter internal temperature. At that time last night, about 1.30am my inverter was at 15C and the attic was at 4C.

If it's busy with load/gen/charging then the internal temp increases.

I think it's the battery BMS calling the shots on the charge/discharge rate.

I'd say it's the "high" charge rate and low temp.

My attic temps have been around that for the past week but I only need to charge at max 32a to get a full battery (top up 17kwh) by the morning (9 hours) and I did not see any limitations but I'm not on the new FW either.

BMS temps at the time were over 11c on all four probes and read Mac charge discharge at the time of 145A so definitely not that. The shed is extremely well insulated and battery box is surrounded by 125mm solid foil backed insulation also hence the decent temperatures even with this freezing weather.

Like I said also last week temperatures here were lower and charging wasnt an issue. But both nights since update the charging amp rate has been lower even though set to 100a in inverter and BMS showing up to 140A at the time. Should have managed the low 70A charging with these conditions from the grid

70A is nowhere near high for these cells but you wouldn't have seen it with your charging as you were doing it at a very low charge of 32A. It seems since update to max at 46A continuous

Definitely something up with my Solis inverter after the update. Electric shower running this morning and it was only pulling 2 kw from the battery. Previously this would 4 or 5kw. Any pointers as to what I should check? Thanks.

might be worth checking... in Advance Settings > Self-Use (inverter manual appendix 10.4), what's your discharge limit (volts) set to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Would ye lads open a ticket with solis? I've not got the update yet... So can't test anything

• Advertisement

Yeah I meant that ironically "high" for the Solis not the cells for sure.

This strangely sounds like the charge/discharge rates limited to 50A that I had after the last update.

Could not set them back to 100A at the inverter, they would just revert back back immediately. I did not try forcing them via modbus but I phoned Solis and told them to bump them then they stayed at 100A

Cheers will try contacting them. I have set them via modbus twice to 100A and did a full restart tonight and reset settings on the unit itself so hoping trinity will go back to full charge rate. Temps a lot higher out tonight as well

Just to follow up on this, definitely an issue because of firmware update. Temperatures are back to normal outside tonight and if anything as charging went on temperatures are getting bit high as turned of automated fan cooling.

Amps go to about 70 briefly before settling to 50A. Tried force setting the amp rate too 100A in modbus which registers successfully. Also went out and manually shutdown restarted and set charge rates again in timed charging on inverter and still no joy

Contacted solis support by email to sort out charging issue or to reset firmware to older fw.

Attached amp charging rate/temp tonight compared to last screenshot of where I had it set to 80A charging prior to update and continues at 68A charging throughout

Several days of back and forth with Solis and they eventually admitted the firmware probably caused the charging issue and rolled back the firmware. However they have rolled back to A200B2 and not the 3A0029 I was originally on.

Anyone on here ever used A200B2 and if so was grid charging working ok for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thank you for your hard work! I remain unpatched probably because of you!

I'm on an A1 build which one of the Solis Europe staff did. He said he fixed and added a few tricks that the main build doesn't have. I wonder if A2 is similar. It seems they're trying to sort things as they can rather than wait for the next release from China.

anyone else's Solis Cloud monitoring offline again this morning? as usual, everything looks fine on the inverter itself.

Mine is fine, still showing absolute fairy tales on the generation data though...

for owners of the new Solis S3 Wifi data logger stick..

if the data logger goes offline, reset the Wifi network connection by pressing the reset button until the orange (inverter connection) & green (wifi connection) are flashing... leave it at it and they should settle down to constantly lit after 0-1mins.

attached the setup manual in case it helps anyone

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

What is the email address for Solis customer support? Thanks.

Advertisement