Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did your elf on the shelf, get up to last night ?

Options
  • 06-12-2022 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hopefully this will give other elf's inspiration 😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Great idea as I'm always trying to think of things last minute! Our elves haven't come out yet I try to hold off until mid December.. I tell the DC that they don't come to a messy house, so until their rooms are tidy the elves won't come..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Two were hanging around (light fitting in kid's bedrooms) and two were having a pampering party (nail polish and fake nails) in the living room.

It's getting harder to think of things already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Thankfully, my children don't like it when they get up to bold things so our elf is very tame & literally just moves from room to room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

We got that last year when youngest got upset when one went upstairs so tried it this year to see the re-action and they seem to be OK so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ours was in a tub of ice in the freezer this morning 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Packrat

We've two, one of each gender, and they were both eating out of the cay litter tray with tiny spoons yesterday morning.

This morning they were more predictedly just hanging on to fan blades in the kitchen.

Tomorrow will be toilet roll snow party I think...

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Toilet roll all over the Christmas Tree. Thankfully it was clean 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Our elf forgot to move his position yesterday! I said it may have been due to the fact that he was in the room we were watching the football in and he wanted to see more. It was accepted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Our two got the 5 year olds underpants and decorated the tree with them. She was most amused.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭duefrine

Went for a selection box last night ⛄

• Advertisement

She is back 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

I have to say I am not one bit sorry that the elves are no longer visiting us every Christmas 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭crusd

Elf on the shelf is about the parents not the kids. One time the wonder of Christmas was all kids needed. Now parents feel the need to compete with each other to make Christmas “magical” for their little Johnnies and Mary’s. All the stuff that parents now feel they need to do actually decreases the magic of Christmas for the 7 to 10 year olds who are more aware. They see the elf’s for sale in the supermarket, they see their friends who don’t have an elf and they talk about why with each other, they know it’s an inanimate piece of plastic. In an effort to seem magical parents are actually pushing doubts into their children.

Some parents take this to the extreme. In one case parents in my sons class left tickets to one of the Santa experiences and a letter from Santa to their kids on the doorstep. This does two things, make these kids think they are somehow exceptional or above the other kids when Santa is supposed to be about bringing joy to all, and it makes the other kids in class question why Santa didn’t do the same for them or else figuring it’s yet another lie told by parents as many kids sold 7+ have figured that the Santas on these locations are not real.

This misplaced effort by parents is turning the Santa myth into a divisive rather than joyful experience. And it’s all to make the parents feel good about themselves and not about the kids who have been happy with an unseen Santa for generations

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Alright Victor Mildrew, settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

https://media.tenor.com/oNaCRbvHu3oAAAAM/johnny-english-rowan-atkinson.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭crusd

Not really. Elf on the shift is a book written in 2005 and a commercial opportunity exploited by the publishers. Santa is around for hundreds of years.

Ever hear the phrase if you’re explaining your losing. But trying to make the Santa experience more “real” you are in reality exposing kids to the plot holes in the myth. In the effort to alleviate their fear of their kids no longer believing they will actually leave more room for doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

We are done with the elf on the shelf. We never did the naughty piece but just remembering to move them every night was a chore. Especially if you have had a couple of drinks :😀

Slept in the hay last night 🥱💤

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some inspiration…

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks ladbible

Advertisement