Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-pinning a jubilee bracelet

Options
  • 04-12-2022 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

interested to see if anyone here has re-pinned their own bracelets before using tools from Aliexpress -

I have a couple of jubilee bracelets that need some work and I'm always on the lookout for a project.

Obviously, this is for the technical minded folk who are good with their hands but based on some youtube videos / web guides it doesn't look like rocket science.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

A mate who is a horologist uses an adapted circlip pliers (reversible pivot) to separate the links to and then uses a jewellers vice to press then together again.

It's still a fiddly job, but it works for small volume stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bike2013

Interesting, that's where my mind was going trying to figure out a solution!

Is there any chance you can get a picture of the adapted pliers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Well, it just so happens...

So, you could get something like this...

And just file a flat on the pins at the end to suit.

Advertisement