Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seriously, just stop. He’s useless. Fury already clearly beat him twice. Fury stops him mid rds if he wants to, wins every second of every round if he wants to, carries him to a pathetic spar like decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,592 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think your being unfair

Yes of course Fury is favourite he is against pretty much everyone & yes Del boy is not top 5 but think he will make a good fight of it , I don't think a single fighter has had an easy night with him in the last 8 year bar the night he fought Kabayel,

There's nothing to base an opinion that Fury wins every second of every round your going overboard,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

nothing is for certain in heavyweight boxing, i along with many others expected whyte to smash franklin to bits last week and he ended up making a meal of it and even got wobbled at one stage, Chisora isn’t coming to play tickles with fury he will put 100% effort in

The internet isn’t for everyone

You guys are hilarious. FFS, lads. Whatever effort Delboy puts in, he hasn’t a hope in hell of winning, or of coming close to winning.

and I’d love to see Delboy knock Fury out, but pigs will fly!!

Fury’s 40-1 on, and that’s being generous to Delboy

Post edited by walshb on

Honest question when was the last time you seen Delboy not competitive in a fight ?

Usyk , Parker, Pulev all had some trouble with him , do you just think Fury is just levels above ?

The only fight id hate to see Delboy take would be Wilder, I think his style would get him ironed out badly ,

• Advertisement

Stylistically Fury bad bad for the far shorter and plodding Delboy.

Why are you trying to almost sell/justify this as a genuine sporting/competitive bout?

It will likely be two “mates” going through the motions. If it was actually a genuine fight, Fury wins blindfolded.

Delboy causing issues for Usyk. Big deal. Same for Pulev. Same for Parker.

It is a genuine bout,

Fury is obviously heavy favourite but you try make it sound like Chisora isn't even going to try to win , Chisora always turns up to fight , whoever beats him always has to work for it ,

Wait for it. It will be a non event.

You’re missing the point. Delboy could try his backside off. He’s washed up, and was never that good anyway.

Throwing out examples where he gave this lad and that lad a good fight is irrelevant. Fury is far too good and big.

Tickets still available for £65 for the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Would Hrgovic have been available? Someone with a winning record and real ambition. Fury would beat him easily too though so if he wanted a fight he hadn’t too many better options. Chisora has 12 losses on his record but he’s as much use as a lot of the others

• Advertisement

Dillian Whyte claims he had an injured bicep and a chest infection for his fight against Franklin, so that’s two fights where he’s making excuses now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Hrgovic not a draw which gives everyone an excuse to not fight him. He was lucky in his last fight tbf which hasn't done much for his bargaining power.

The fight v Chisora is a joke , but I will give Fury a pass if its nothing more than a tune up fight and he fights someone of better standard ideally Usyk in March/April.

Whyte was awful the other night, if Joshua fights him next that's his choice, but its just as much of a cherry pick as Tyson fighting Chisora tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Buster197456

It's simply a tune up fight for Fury. Don't see the point other than giving his mate a payday. He announced this fight before he started calling for Joshua. So this was probably always the plan easy tune up before Usky. I know anything can happen in the heavyweight division but this won't be one. Easy win for Fury probably on points unless he wants to take him out in the later rounds. Boxing just has become this way. We wait to long for the big fights. Can see some good fights next year tough. Joyce, Joshua, Wilder and a few others are all in the mix below the top two. Not alot of ducking left. I think Joyce is the biggest danger to the top two. Wilder i see ko all bar Fury. He has still a hugh part to play.

Aj v dubois is the latest rumour doing the rounds and then he will move in to Whyte according to Eddie so that would be 2023 almost done for Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

he will walk through both of those lads, i dont think dubois is ready for aj he is only just finding his feet after joyce battered him

Stylistically I think even a less than aggressive AJ is bad for Dubois. Last a round or two I think. AJ takes him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if fury does not take the fight with Usyk then apparently Dubois is next in line as a mandatory

Has anyone actually forked out the 32 euro to BT Box Office for Saturday?

• Advertisement

I think you’re being hard on Dubois. He did well against Joyce and I’d fancy Joyce against joshua. Man against a boy but it won’t have done him that much harm. Joshua would be a big risk for him though but big reward too. That’s a competitive fight. If I were managing Dubois I’d be lining up the turkeys or Wardley, someone like that.

Yes, Dubois did very well v Joyce, and who knows how that would have went had he not suffered the clearly affecting eye-injury

Style wise, AJ is bad for Dublois, who has slow feet, is ponderous, easy enough to hit, and who probably won't take it.

And Joe is tough for AJ, because he is big, strong, fit, seems to have a solid chin, and has power.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭normanoffside

No. It’s the first one in a while I will not be paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭reclose

When was the last time a record this bad got a heavyweight title shot?

Chisora has lost 12 times in 45 bouts, including three of his last four, and been beaten twice before by Fury.

I dunno I think you could as easily be describing joshua there. I don’t think Dubois has much to fear. Josh favourite like but not by far

Yes, but it’s their styles where I see this being an early type/clear finish. AJ peppers him fairly easily I reckon.

But I agree as regards the description comparison. One could easily assign the description to AJ as well

Post edited by walshb on

The buildup/hype to tomorrow is just ridiculously flat. They’re trying so hard to try justify it as a genuine fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Fury has gone from being mildly amusing to annoying and repetitive. Destroying what little legacy he had, although its not his fault he had such little competition. The Larry Holmes of his generation without the skill.

Larry fought all in his division though, as well as getting to 48-0 with circa 20 title defences. Fury has a couple fights left. He’s only had 33 fights or thereabouts. 5-6 these championship fights.

• Advertisement

what legacy does he have really, he beat klitch and wilder

i like the guy as a fighter but legacy is stretching it

Advertisement