Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanye West endorses Hitler

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,812 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

(He also endorsed R-Kelly and Harvey Weinstein)

Post edited by Overheal on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Who gives a toss, just because someone famous believes something doesn't make it any more worthwhile an opinion than the local wino believing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

He’s always been a massive spa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

No. Because many people see celebrities as people to emulate:"look how successful they are. They must know what's what. If I emulate them, believe what they believe then I can have that success too". I know the next thing will be "Oh he is diagnosed bipolar. You cannot blame him". I have a sibling who is bipolar and this does not manifest as antisemitic hate-speech. I work in a field that would have an extremely high percentage of people "On the spectrum" as people like to say euphemistically (I would be so classified also) but, again, this does not equal hate speech. So I am done cutting him some slack.

Yes, he has issues, yes he has sycophants whispering into his ear but yes, he also has to claim a certain amount of responsibility for his actions. He has spent years and vast sums of time, effort and money to be an "Influencer". He and his people cannot distance themselves when this "influencer" influences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

He's clearly not well and thr media are playing out his MH issues for likes and shares its disgusting really. He needs help not to be held up as something to laugh at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,109 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 19,109 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Say what you want about Hitler. But he is the only man in history who had the guts to kill Hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 24,838 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was Hitler ‘not well’ too or just a massive cünt ?

Even Alex Jones tried to reign him in and he just kept ploughing on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think hes losing touch with reality, what he says makes no sense ,is not true, is not logical ,or else he has a real grudge against the jews, hitler was the leader of the nazi party whose official policy was genoicide, racial purity, killing jews was official policy.

theres no hope of his career recovering from his recent behavior .

imagine going on tv and saying you know ted bundy was a nice person ,he was kind to dogs ,

lets forget he was a serial killer. everyone has some good points,

But then once your at the point of going on an alex jones livestream ,you are either a weirdo or a right wing extremist ,

even if he believes this crap does he not stop and think this will have a negative effect on his young children.

in american even lightly criticising jewish people or admiring hitler is asking to be blacklisted by sponsors advertisers 90 per cent of the entertainment industry .

how long till shops start removing his sneakers from the racks.

hes not an influencer, hes a famous rapper , celebrity who had a line of sneakers until recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Great banter from Kanye. What a twat. More of this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,339 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And now the GOP have finlly deleted this Tweet, so we know what it takes now for them to back track.

I mean that speaks volumes. Although... would Jones have been so cautious before the massive lawsuit outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Never in a millions years, would have imagained thinking Alex was the sane one in a conversation...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I bet Kanye couldn’t even pick out Germany on a map!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I think some celebs don't like Jews or else they get annoyed by the fact that alot of Hollywood executives are of Jewish descent

watch any of documentary about Hollywood it's obvious alot of the early film and TV studio founders were Jewish

there is still some discrimination in Hollywood eg it's harder for a black actor to get certain roles in TV or films versus a white actor and the roles they get offered or often stereotypes eg rapper gangster etc Elon musk goes on about allowing more free speech not censoring conservatives on twitter but he's never criticised Jewish people as far as I know

But there's no excuse for his comments about Hitler or Jewish people it goes to show you can be famous and rich but still do things that incredibly stupid or reckless that will destroy your career

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

no 1 rule for being an entertainer in the entertainment industry: don't offend the jews.

The guy seems to be having a mental breakdown and needs someone close to him to get him help ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Can he go any lower?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Looking forward to the freedom of speech warriors do one of two things:

1. Continue to bitch about people getting cancelled even when Hitler is being endorsed.
    2. Acknowledge that freedom of speech does not actually mean ‘freedom of speech without consequences’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Not a freedom of speech issue really he's saying stuff that is not even sane or remotely true. This is a person going through a mental health issue. Would not be surprised to hear him running through traffic naked at some stage.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Freedom of speech is opinion-based, not fact based.

Kanye has an opinion, so therefore according to the free speech warriors should be left alone and there’s nothing nobody can do about it.

For the record, Kanye’s been a piece of sh*t for a long time. I hope he gets the help he clearly needs but he was an arsehole long before he had any mental breakdown.

TBH he's not been right since the car crash hit in the head hard enough to cause nasal fractures. He probably has an undiagnosed brain injury.

Before or after he stole the microphone from Taylor swift?

Being an arrogant dope is not the same as what he is like now. I have dealt with people going through Mental health issues. The signs are all there delusions ranting and raving not making sense. As I said will not be surprised hearing him running through traffic naked. I mean has he not started his own Religion or cult cant remember that's a huge red flag. That would tie in with something like Schizophrenia. Head trauma as far as I know can increase your risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Kanye has been losing it since his mother died. Filling that gap with vapid celebrity culture has left him a shadow of the artist who once released the albums college dropout and late graduation, very sad.

🙈🙉🙊

Candace Owens still doubling down on it being a great example of freeze peach.

I saw recently what you allude to in point 2. It concerned an opinion piece by Roisin Ingle in the Irish Times that came across as quite gloating towards the pupils of Blackrock College who were sexually abused (it was dreadful in fairness). On Gript, people were expressing revulsion and someone came along and said they thought the Gript subscribers were in favour of free speech - the responses were things like "Free speech doesn't give someone the right to be a dick". Hmmm...

I believe in freeDOM of speech, but you can't publish or broadcast absolutely anything - and you never could. What kind of preposterousness would it be to allow that?

And there IS such a thing as hate speech. It isn't always something one merely dislikes/disagrees with.

OFC its a terrible comment. But Mel got away with it. 🤐

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I dont think he is actually a right wing extremist. He is severely mentally ill and being exploited for clicks , views and ratings and has been for a while now. Im sure there are some only too happy to see him dig his own grave, his ex wife and family for one. It's sad and can only end very badly for him. He needs help.

Advertisement