Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple,basic and cheap Solar charging of you phone,tablet etc.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭DC999

Is a Generator Ships = nuclear? I’m only guessing. But bar having something connected to some fuel source (gas, oil, coal…) what can you generate the electricity from? And having something sit in water is hardly safe and feasible in winter with storms. 

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Its likely diesel, and they would be docked in the harbor not out at sea too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sure ESB use diesel powered airplane engines as back ups

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Not trying to start a Small Scale Doom thread but also noticed the media ,Sunday papers and TV reporting on BBC public information tapes .

These reported to be telling us to prepare for blackouts,and stock up on batteries for our radios.

Interesting note was that these radios should be capable of receiving Longwave.

Could this be that in the event of no Internet connection, Droitwhich transmitter would work on terrestrial transmissions, or is it not on its way out?

Advertisement