Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Conversion MPV - Camper

• 10-11-2022 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭ Alkers

Has anyone does this before?

If its an Irish reg passenger vehicle (not bus), no declaration to revenue is required.

Grand so, how do I get the logbook changed to a campervan. Vehilce meets revenue requirements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭ Moomat

You need to apply to your local motor tax office with many of the same docs you would have sent to Revenue - SQI report, pics, Declaration of conversion etc. Some offices may want to see the vehicle

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭ dory

What type of MPV are you thinking of? Does this mean the end of the Bongo??

I did a bootjump type conversion on a Doblo (car not van). Car tax was only €290 so I saw no real need to convert. People were telling me I could have gotten it switched over to a camper on logbook and for tax purposes, but most likely not get insured after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭ Alkers

It was a converted caravelle - basically a transporter which had been an mpv rather than a van.

Still have the bongo but we are considering moving up in the years and getting something with more creature comforts, although it will be at a lack of versatility.

Advertisement