Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone trade in

Options
  • 01-12-2021 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey I got new iPhone 13. I’m sending back old one as a trade in. Do I post at local post office or get UPS Parcel to collect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The Apple site says "Return it to us using the pre‑paid trade-in kit we send you.". Assuming you did the trade-in.

https://www.apple.com/ie/trade-in/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Is it worth trading in to apple 🍎?

from what I read they give a lot less than a private sale via adverts etc

Thanks ,my 12 pro max atm has a trade in value of e580 or thereabouts ( 🍎)

yet on Adverts.ie and done deal they’re selling for e900 - some a lot more

think private for me next year when I’ll try and buy the 14🤞

In fact this is a great phone and just might hold onto it

Traded in several to cex and you’re bang on ref perfect condition, guy I thought was trying to low ball me on a private sale but cex pointed out the same flaw,

still got decent money off them considering and really didn’t want to deal with any more silly season ppl on adverts etc( wears you out)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Swappie is pretty decent. Have used those lads the last 2 upgrade times and the prices are better than Apple by a fair margin and if you want a hassle free sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Swappie offering 430 for my iphone 12 64gb while CEX are offering 351 - I have dealt with CEX before - has anyone any experience with Swappie? Thanks

I’m atm trading my 12 pro in with cex

was going down the swappie route but having read a few reviews especially one referring to an I phone 12 max I’m giving them a wide berth

cex on the other hand I’ve dealt with several times in the shop on grand parade Cork

no probs

12 pro max I’m trading- expecting e500 if not I’ll go on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

I sold my iPhone 12 128gb to Swappie last month for €500. First time dealing with them and I found it to be a frictionless transaction. Happy with the amount paid (more than CEX were offering) and the speed it all moved at. I'd definitely recommend them based on my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

How long did it take overall ? , DHL collected it yesterday and delivered it to them today and would like to know roughly how long it takes to get the money into your account ,

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

They received my phone on the 12th, the money was in my account the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tony H

Advertisement