Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Two Johnnies for 2fm Drive

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭RoTelly

They'd want to bring audiences to other shows also. Have they increase that time slot since Jenny Greene left it, has Game On seen an increase in its audience share due to the lead in show?

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Expunge

In Q3 2021 Jenny Greene had 122,000 listeners

In Q3 2022 The 2 Johnnies have 122,000 listeners

Game On has not added any new listeners either - 33,000 a year ago and today.

No "Johnny Bounce" yet.

Where is Game On, has it hour long version improved audience in comparison to its 2 hour version, 33,000 for a drive time show!

______

Yesterday

Same time slot in Q3 2021 and Q3 2022 6-7pm. 33,000 listeners. Can't find any figures from its 2 hour days right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

Surely that would suggest it needs to be moved from the time slot. Prime time National Radio and only that amount of listeners ?

I'd easily say the likes of Nova, Classic Hits, FM104 and Q102 have higher figures at that hour.

Sure. Game On is surely a show for Radio One evenings. An hours music at that time would probably double the audience.

But that's the judgement if RTEs big radio brain, Dan Healy for you.

Yeah I tend to agree, I would be off the mindset it suits Radio One better but then again it would be going head to head with Off the Ball which would probably blow it out of the water completely.

Well, they (RTE) have greater resources to do a decent job. At the moment "Arena" on Radio 1 has a similar number of listeners as Game On. That's off the back of 200,000 plus listening to Drivetime. Normal folk don't want to hear nobody actors or composers shiteing on about their "craft".

They kind of "own" Second Captains, don't they? Why not put them on 7-8pm, then John Creedon and then Arena sometime before Late Date Starts?

Anyway, that's a bit off topic. Sorry.

Not really you could move the 2 Johnnies to the full drive time slot and increase the audience automatically.

I think Arena get's hit because its after prime time for Radio, how does Newstalk's Off the Ball do in that time slot?

IMO Game On should move to RADIO 1 EXTRA and should air live on the RTÉ News Channel at 7pm, have it repeat on RTÉ2 at 11pm

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement

Off the Ball has 43,000 over 3 hours 7-10pm.

For context, John Creedon has over 45,000 over 2 hours 8-10pm

I think a decent sports show would do better after Drivetime and would hold on to a few more than Arena does. But yes, of course numbers are going to be a frction of those available before 7pm.

And yes, Healy could make the 2 Johnnies numbers look a lot better by leaving them on till 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

4 hours of them? Sorry but no 2FM show should go on for 4 hours. Bring back Hotline/Most Wanted I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭its_steve116

If I took over from Dan Healy tomorrow or this week this is what I would do, using only the current presenters, nobody from outside 2FM. I'd leave 2FM Breakfast and Jen Z as they are, but change the 12-7pm schedule a little bit.

Tracy would still start at 12 but finish an hour earlier, 2 Johnnies would start slightly earlier at 2pm followed by Jenny Greene at 4:30pm. Game On would start at either 6:30pm or 7pm allowing for the evening schedule to kick in at either 7:30pm or 8pm. Not sure who I'd put on afterwards (for sake of argument I'll say Beta da Silva, who is currently in the Kumar slot) but maybe Dan Healy would be brought forward to maybe 10pm as a result of Jenny back on the late drive slot?

If they where to get an extra hour it would make them the only music orientated drive time show on national radio. Radio 1, Newstalk and Today FM have current affairs etc on the same slots give or take an hour.

Although having said that there is a lot of regional shows to compete with that would be fairly similar i.e Graham and Nathan on FM104. 98FM's Big Ride Home and so on.

You also have to remember that RTÉ is a public service broadcaster so they have to air programming that fits that, Arena's start time of 7pm is really the earliest RTÉ can have such a show on without effect their numbers, that slot is given to them out of pure tokenism from RTÉ.

IMO a simulcast on Extra and the News channel along with a repeat on RTÉ2 would give far more prominence to Game On than its current slot, while giving back much need space to 2FM for music.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Out of curiosity, if you were in charge of 2FM tomorrow and could bring in people from outside 2FM, who would you put on the schedule?

Also is there any sign of them announcing a permanent host for Tara Kumar’s old slot? Is it likely to just go to Beta after so much time has passed I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭its_steve116

If I could bring in someone from outside 2FM I'd go with somebody from RTÉ Pulse or 2XM. Maybe Dermot & Dave also for a weekend show.

Advertisement