Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Two Johnnies for 2fm Drive

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

4 hours of them? Sorry but no 2FM show should go on for 4 hours. Bring back Hotline/Most Wanted I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭its_steve116

If I took over from Dan Healy tomorrow or this week this is what I would do, using only the current presenters, nobody from outside 2FM. I'd leave 2FM Breakfast and Jen Z as they are, but change the 12-7pm schedule a little bit.

Tracy would still start at 12 but finish an hour earlier, 2 Johnnies would start slightly earlier at 2pm followed by Jenny Greene at 4:30pm. Game On would start at either 6:30pm or 7pm allowing for the evening schedule to kick in at either 7:30pm or 8pm. Not sure who I'd put on afterwards (for sake of argument I'll say Beta da Silva, who is currently in the Kumar slot) but maybe Dan Healy would be brought forward to maybe 10pm as a result of Jenny back on the late drive slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Muller1991

If they where to get an extra hour it would make them the only music orientated drive time show on national radio. Radio 1, Newstalk and Today FM have current affairs etc on the same slots give or take an hour.

Although having said that there is a lot of regional shows to compete with that would be fairly similar i.e Graham and Nathan on FM104. 98FM's Big Ride Home and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭RoTelly

You also have to remember that RTÉ is a public service broadcaster so they have to air programming that fits that, Arena's start time of 7pm is really the earliest RTÉ can have such a show on without effect their numbers, that slot is given to them out of pure tokenism from RTÉ.

IMO a simulcast on Extra and the News channel along with a repeat on RTÉ2 would give far more prominence to Game On than its current slot, while giving back much need space to 2FM for music.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Out of curiosity, if you were in charge of 2FM tomorrow and could bring in people from outside 2FM, who would you put on the schedule?

Also is there any sign of them announcing a permanent host for Tara Kumar’s old slot? Is it likely to just go to Beta after so much time has passed I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭its_steve116

If I could bring in someone from outside 2FM I'd go with somebody from RTÉ Pulse or 2XM. Maybe Dermot & Dave also for a weekend show.

Advertisement