Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Honestly it all sounds and looks pretty great, not sold on the look of the new race, but eh, yeah cant please everybody. Good to see they're finally getting the finger out, im actually looking forward to it.. Which is a far stretch from my usual "eh looks ok, i might play it at some point"..The story for shadowlands has been a massive mess/let down, so im happy to take leap in an entirely new area/setting..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone go near wow recently? Might be tempted back for a nose around when new expansion drops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nope, haven't had any desire to go back due to Shadowlands being absolute shite. Not even really tempted to return for Dragonflight to be honest, though i'm sure some hungover Sunday morning i will resubscribe to check it out 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Hate the new ui, so i changed mine to resemble my old ui as i had screenshots on multiple characters. I enabled up to 6 action bars. The old ui has 2x 6 bars on the bottom right center of the screen, it puts all of these into action bar 3, the first 6 are what used to be the bottom and from 7 to 12 used to be the top row. So i just dragged these (holding shift) to the top. I left the full 12 as i can see them coming in handy. to be honest i was always short a few action bars on the old ui. now i can slowly add more on screen and /or rearrange my spells over time as i see fit. but this feels fine for now. I also reduced the size of the action buttons down to 80% as thats what im used to

And one really annoying thing for me i fixed was while in combat interface pop ups showing up that would obscure my cast bar, like the talking head, extra abilities etc. now they wont block it anymore.

Enable up to 6 Action Bars

My old UI on my alt mage:

Here is before moving my spells to as they were:

And here's after just moving them on top as they were before (im leaving all 12 as i may have use for them. If i dont use them by dragonflight, ill just reduce each to 6)

0 30 0 0 0 7 7 UIParent -202.2 45.6 -1 ##$$%/&&'%)#+# 0 1 0 7 1 MainMenuBar 0.6 4.0 -1 ##$$%/&&'%(#,$ 0 2 0 7 7 UIParent 313.9 45.4 -1 ##$$%/&&'%(#,$ 0 3 1 5 5 UIParent -5.0 -77.0 -1 #$$$%/&&'%(#,$ 0 4 1 2 0 MultiBarRight -5.0 0.0 -1 #$$$%/&&'%(#,$ 0 5 0 7 1 MultiBarBottomRight 0.6 4.0 -1 ##$$%/&&'%(#,$ 0 6 0 4 4 UIParent 43.9 -111.9 -1 ##$$%/&('%(#,$ 0 7 1 1 7 MultiBar6 0.0 0.0 -1 ##$$%/&('%(#,$ 0 10 0 4 4 UIParent 0.0 -422.2 -1 ##$$&('% 0 11 0 7 1 MultiBarBottomLeft -46.2 4.0 -1 ##$$&&'%,$ 0 12 0 4 4 UIParent 0.0 -264.4 -1 ##$$&('% 1 -1 0 4 4 UIParent 0.0 -258.8 -1 ##$# 2 -1 1 2 2 UIParent 0.0 0.0 -1 ##$# 3 0 1 0 0 UIParent 4.0 -4.0 -1 $#3# 3 1 1 0 0 UIParent 250.0 -4.0 -1 %#3# 3 2 0 4 4 UIParent -421.3 -272.1 -1 %#&#3# 3 3 1 0 2 CompactRaidFrameManager 0.0 -7.0 -1 '#(#)#-#.#/#1$3# 3 4 1 0 2 CompactRaidFrameManager 0.0 -5.0 -1 ,#-#.#/#0#1#2( 3 5 1 5 5 UIParent 0.0 0.0 -1 &#*$3# 3 6 1 5 5 UIParent 0.0 0.0 -1 3# 4 -1 0 4 4 UIParent 0.0 -397.2 -1 # 5 -1 0 4 4 UIParent 0.0 -353.7 -1 # 6 0 1 2 0 MinimapCluster -10.0 -10.0 -1 ##$#%#&.(()(*# 6 1 1 2 8 BuffFrame -13.0 -15.0 -1 ##$#%#'+(()(*# 7 -1 0 4 4 UIParent 0.0 -358.6 -1 # 8 -1 1 6 6 UIParent 35.0 50.0 -1 #'$A%$&7 9 -1 0 1 7 TalkingHeadFrame 293.4 -4.0 -1 # 10 -1 0 4 4 UIParent 325.4 -223.2 -1 # 11 -1 1 8 8 UIParent -9.0 85.0 -1 # 12 -1 1 2 2 UIParent -110.0 -275.0 -1 #K

You can play for free this weekend if you're account has gone inactive.

• Advertisement

Dipped in last night, not a clue whats happening yet again after a break.

Played a bit over the weekend and am probably going to resubb for the launch. Will just try to get my shadowland flying perk finished, I don't think it's too much of a grind like the last pathfinder perks

Loaded it up for around 20 minutes, tried some of the talent trees, but then logged off and didn't really think about it again.

Think my 20 year on and off again affair with WoW may be well and truly over.

Anyone getting in for launch tomorrow, going to wait a while I think. Got my shadowlands flying sorted but might try to finish up some of the storyline missions before I try out Dragonflight. Might wait till Christmas to give it a go. Hard to believe have been playing wow on and off for 17 years .. remember logging in for the first te and just been blown away. Don't think any other game has made such an impression on me back in it's hayday. I'm getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone still playing this? I stopped playing back in 2018 at the start of BFA. Has it gotten better?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hated Shadowlands and back then i had more or less put the game to bed after being subbed on and off all these years but ive educated myself a lot the last few days about this expansion and it does in all honestly look very good.

Im very tempted to jump in for a month or so, its very alt and casual friendly too apparently which these days suits me.

Yes i was always an altaholic but never really a casual player as i loved raiding and really gearing my main [usually holy priest] as best as possible.

Caved in and picked up Dragonflight today. Will pick away at it over the next few weeks.

Being playing a bit over the last couple of weeks. Its grand, scratches that warcraft itch but im not in any way blown away. More of the same really. Is it better than Shadowlands? Im not sure. The dragon flying is certainly an interesting twist that gives you flying almost immediately but I can myself getting board again quickly with it. Ill get Christmas/ new year out of it alright but Id say ill be gone again early 2023.

Well that did not last long, i think im sort of done with Dragonflight. Playing through the campaign and have reached a point where I have to grind rep with all the new factions before I can continue with the story. I actually dont think I can be arsed. Will dip in and out over Christmas but can see myself playing that much really.

Somebody talk me out of it.... some wow gameplay started popping up on my tick toc account and it got me itching to give wow another go ... I know I'd regreat it after playing for a few hours, might try and see can I blag any free game time through help chat, it's worked before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

dont go back. I played on and off since day 1 trying to recapture the magic I used to feel when exploring that world for the first couple of years. I haven’t played in over 3 years but I still feel the urge to did back in. The thing that keeps stopping me is I know I will never experience that wonder and excitement again because I have tried so many times to do it.

at one time WOW was a big part of my life. It gave me some of the best gaming memories and gaming satisfaction of my life but sadly it’s over for me now, and I suspect deep down, you know it is for you too🙂

Advertisement