Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WW Christmas: Naughty or Nice GAME Thread

• 17-11-2022 5:20pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭

He’s made the list and now he’s checking it twice.

It was just over a month before Christmas and old Saint Nick was double checking his list and he couldn’t help but notice one village where the number of naughty children was rising daily. Something or someone was influencing the children to be naughty. Santa decided to visit this village to see what is happening and to see if he can sniff out and stomp out the naughty influencers.

Team Good

1.      Santa Claus – Santa is equipped with his magical list so he gets to pick one villager once a night to see if they are naughty or nice.

2.      Mrs Claus – Concerned with Santa’s trip, Mrs Claus demanded she comes with her husband to protect someone in the village each night. Mrs Claus has been separated from Santa since arriving in the village, can she find her way back to Santa before it’s too late?

3.      Kevin McCallister – One of the kids in the village is none other than Kevin McCallister who is once again Home Alone but this time in a snowy village, While Kevin is very much a loner and a Vigilante will he get the time he needs to assemble his weapons before the wolves attack?

Team Bad

1.      The Grinch – The Alpha of the pack, the grinch is so desperate to ruin Christmas for the village he wants all the Children to be on the Naughty list. The Grinch has been granted 3 powers by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future. One for each night… if he survives that long.

2.      Marv – Wolf, Marv wants one thing and that’s to get revenge on Kevin McCallister.

3.      Harry – Wolf, Harry is happy to be here. 

Almost all other villagers are NRV.

Roled players backrooms and Dead room will be maintained on Discord, all roled players will receive the invite to their respective rooms.

Anyone not signed up to play/Dead players are asked NOT to post in this thread or thank any of the posts. You are more than encouraged to watch and join in on the fun on Discord by requesting a link via PM.

In Thread Tasks are in play in this game. 

PMs will role details and discord link if applicable will be sent tomorrow.

Thread will re-open Sunday morning for Day 0.

Post edited by Loughc on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Game Rules:

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again. DEAD PLAYERS DO NOT THANK LIVING PLAYERS POSTS

2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread. If you have any concerns about the game mechanics or the integrity of other players contact the mods who will make a decision. Do not discuss any of this in game or elsewhere. Always remember the mods may have secrets. 

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum. There is a 5 post per day minimum limit. 2 missed votes will result in a substitution where possible or a modkill. Substitutions will be announced on thread by the game mods.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring or alluding to the content of them or any backroom you may or may not have, without prior permission. Note that there are new players playing, they may have been provided with backrooms to ask questions of the game mods irrespective of game role.

5) Game starts with a pre turn (night 0), followed by an announcement at 10.30am Monday morning which begins Day 1.

Day phase - 10.30am to 9pm

Night Phase 9.30pm to 10.30am

Lynch will be at 9pm votes must be submitted by 8.59pm.

Lynch results will be announced at 9.30pm.

Night phase will begin at 9.30pm to 10.30am.

All night actions must be in by 9.59.am each day and munch will take place at 10.30am.

6) All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Voting will be done via PM. In the event of a tied lynch, the lynch will be decided by the mod randomness.

7) Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (myself or Posy) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. 

Win Conditions:

Wolf Win: Gain parity with the village

Village Win: Kill all wolves

1. Yoss
    2. Nothing
    3. Aisling
    4. Leg end reject
    5. cup
    6. neowise
    7. lorcand
    8. JP Liz V1
    9. Green and Red
    10. Hello 2D
    11. Kitten_k
    12. duffman13
    13. sixtoes
    14. ectoplasm
    15. barney92
    16. Strawbs
    17. Baggly

Post edited by Loughc on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It was Day 0 in the village and not a villager was stirring not even a wolf.

Quickly all will change when the village begin to realise the game is afoot.

Welcome to WW: Naughty or Nice Christmas Forum edition.

Just a friendly reminder only living players are allowed to post in this thread.

Everyone else are more than welcome to watch along and participate in the conversation over at our discord channel created for the game. (PM for link)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

Morning everyone. Isn't this exciting!

Conscious we have a few new players playing so we might need to explain some terminology along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 16,298 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's very nice Lorcan, almost like a wolf overdoing it to appear like a villager.

• Advertisement

Haha this has been a long time in the making, hasn't it leggy? You feeling naughty or nice today?

Anything interesting jump out at you in the OP? Don't worry I'm not trying to trick you, just want to get some opinions

The Grinch has been granted 3 powers by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future. One for each night… if he survives that long.

This did, I can't figure out if The Grinch has 3 powers in total, or a choice of 3 they can use every night of the game. The latter seems too powerful for the number of players.

If I had to guess I'd say a specific power each night for 3 nights,.. as in they are told what power they get night 1, 2 ,3.. only 3 wolves too which I think is low so they get some extra powers to balance?

On thread tasks jumped out to me and also that marv wants to get revenge on Kevin, could be something in play there?

On thread tasks usually have helpful prizes, so a villager might be immune to the munch or a wolf will peek good.

Maybe Marv gets something similar if he kills Kevin? The third wolf is described as just happy to be there. It could all also just be flavour in the OP based on the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Morning all. So it looks like we’ve only 3 bad guys out of 17 players.

• Advertisement

Here's another strange line from the OP:

Almost all other villagers are NRV.

Surely everyone apart from the RVs and wolves are NRV? Is LoughC playing mind games with us?

Hey there sixtoes. Yeah thats it alright, odds seem decent but usually there's a few twists along the way!

Have you played before?

Good spot, yeah that is phrased very specifically. A little too specifically is you ask me

And you know me, I'm not one to overthink these things. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Morning!

I have missed this!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Morning village! How's everyone doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I’m excited, nothing! Been a while since I’ve played a game of WW 😊

In homage to the game I'm actually heading to the local Christmas Market today!

Only nice people are allowed in 😉

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Ah it's good to be back! First WW since forever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

And we're back. Well a few of us. Have barely been near Boards since the great migration but was having a yen for a game of WW when someone kindly pointed me in the direction of the Christmas forum. Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ Cup

Hello villageroos.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,909 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

sup folks

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ Cup

I’ve played WW before, but not much, so I don’t know all the roles. Does anybody know what it means about Mrs. Clause having to find Santa before it’s too late? Im assuming she can still protect without finding him.

And for Kevin, what’s the story with him having to assemble his weapons, does anybody know?

I think that was a good spot by Leg End Reject about the “almost all”, and I reckon the Grinch has three nights of powers.

Actually, I also don’t get if something special will happen if Marv munches Kevin specifically. #IDont’tUnderatandAllTheseRoles!! #Kevin!! 🫣

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Haven’t played in a few years and I wasn’t great then. Trying to remember all the lingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Afternoon all, great to be back playing! Also great to see some old names back too. Here’s to a great game!!

I reckon if Mrs clause can find santa they may be able to communicate in some way. Probably best not to speculate on it too much and leave it to them to figure out as otherwise we might be helping wolves identify power roles? That's just my take on it though

I do think if Marv finds or kills Kevin something bad will happen based on the OP, although the word revenge might hint that if Kevin shoots Marv, marv gets revenge!? Aahhh so Kenny permutations

• Advertisement

*So many permutations*

Advertisement