Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PAF Administrator

• 29-10-2018 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Should a clerical officer who is doing the job of PAF Aministrator for the Gardaí be entitled to a higher pay scale than the lowest civil service pay scale?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

imokyrok wrote: »
    Should a clerical officer who is doing the job of PAF Aministrator for the Gardaí be entitled to a higher pay scale than the lowest civil service pay scale?

I can't see why you would be entitled to a higher pay scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭imokyrok

I can't see why you would be entitled to a higher pay scale?

The level of responsibility and complexity is pretty high and so far the union has refused to take on the role so only new hires are doing the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

imokyrok wrote: »
    The level of responsibility and complexity is pretty high and so far the union has refused to take on the role so only new hires are doing the job.

I am aware of some Cos who are trained in PAF administration that are not new hires. As far as I know, none of them are on the higher scale but I could be wrong.

It is a role that is likely to be fully civilianised on the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 2 civvy1

Anyone decided to get out of the paf admin role? If so did you do so on mobility or by asking to be moved within the organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

CO's are not to work in PAF. Only EO's should be working as PAF administrators. This was agreed with FORSA union in the past. Garda management are abusing their powers forcing people to do work which they are not paid appropriately for and are holding up promotion prospects for CO's. You can be damn sure if a sergeant was asked to do an inspectors job management would be told where to go.

Just a passenger

• Advertisement
Advertisement