Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cesarean delivery on maternal request (CDMR)

Options
  • 16-11-2022 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Please can anybody tell me your experiences or knowledge of Cesarean delivery on maternal request (CDMR) in Ireland. Which hospitals do this(public or private)? And do you have any recommendations or positive experiences? How much does it cost?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback, stories or recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Abbaesque

Hi. I believe you would have more chance going private. Two friends went private for this reason. One Rotunda and one to the coombe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It is generally not done unless there is a very good reason and you would have to discuss it at length with your consultant, before the decision is made.I don't think it particularly matters what hospital you go to on this one although I agree it is probably more likely if you are private and have access to the same consultant the whole way through the pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Babatunde

@eurozonelady

Limerick, requested one and having it soon. First Doc tried to dismiss so I put request in writing and asked to add to my notes. Second consultant who approved it told me the mother has the right to request it. Public patient, no charge as on public system

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

Any mother has the right to request it but they will discuss it and explain the risks over a vaginal birth, this is all part of consenting they need to do this for your sonsent to be valid. Public or private makes no difference in theory, in practice private patient have more direct access to Consultant so find it easier to it, public patient will usually need to dicuss with more people (nurse, junior doc) before getting to Consultant but end result should be the same.

Advertisement