Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN broadcast traffic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sqsqswqdwdwq

I'm another newbie trying to do something that I know little about ..... I think I know the concept of VPN, but the setup, configuration, and the back-and-forth communication and connection of it between two points has me beaten!

I'm trying to view live streams, recorded videos, and set timers, etc on my ZGemma H7S (OpenVix 6.2) from my Android phone. Because of security concerns, I don't want to open many if any ports on my home router (with a static address). Instead, I'm trying to setup OpenVPN to do that.

I believe I have loaded the config files on the ZGemma box and have OpenVPN running - (Setup/Network/Utilities, OpenVPN - Autostart: Enabled; Current Status: Running)

I loaded "OpenVPN Connect" on my Android phone and I believe I have that running fine too (it indicates "Connected") and the number of bytes in and out are incrementing as I use the phone.

I have the "dream EPG Premium" app on my phone and I used to use it reasonably successfully - streaming live TV and video recordings from my previous STB (Tiviar Alpha - running OpenATV 6.3). But as I mentioned, I don't want to continue to use that app, since I have to open a bunch of ports on my home router.

My question is: What App do I use, or how do I safely "OpenVPN tunnel into" my ZGemma from my Android phone to view live streams & recorded videos, set timers, etc, etc?

TIA

Advertisement