Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vartry Wood at Ashford Co.Wicklow

Options
  • 03-08-2021 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

There's a new development coming up in Ashford and I had some questions around how the town is and what people living there think about it. Anyone else considering buying in Ashford?

Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sineadmur

Hi, I’m also considering Vatry Wood in Ashford and not from the area. Living in Greystones the past 2 years, and wondering what Ashford is like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 infomagnet

From what I've heard so far, it seems to be a safe, quiet and a nice area. People are nice and just a few minutes away from Dublin. A lot of people have moved to Ashford recently, at least looking at the development called Ballinahinch Wood.

Would love to hear more about this town if anyone has anything more to share. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sonic06

Hello, I live in the Ballinahinch wood estate and I can vouch that the area is really good. People are diverse, kind and inviting. The town seems to be growing pretty fast since we moved in last Decemeber. I moved from Dún Laoghaire and have no regrets so far. It is close enough to Dublin city centre although we don't really have to step into work anymore. It would be great if we had more shops in here but Wicklow town being so close really helps. I do see it grow more now that the Vartry wood estate is is developing quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

Where is the Glenveagh site in Ashford?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Does anyone know whether these homes are fitted out, flooring/kitchen wise or is this not the done thing anymore? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ktpq

They come with the kitchen and bathrooms done, but you need to do flooring yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

So my daughter has put a deposit on a 2-bed in Vartry wood. Agent is not interested in talking details of socket positions etc - what is anyone's experience of dealing with Durkan Homes - have you had the opportunity to discuss any details?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Not so sure about Durkan Homes, but I bought a home from Durkan Residential. I found them terrible to deal with. I found their work (plumbing, electrical and general finish) to be substandard as well.

Hmm, looking for feedback on Vartry specifically if possible. Have heard good things about Durkan generally

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Is your daughter doing this through Saville's or Clarke Auctioneers? I dealt with Clarke's when I was originally looking at VW and found them very helpful.

• Advertisement

Savilles seem to be the sole agents for the current phase

Advertisement