Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to Amsterdam on 27th dec

Options
  • 07-11-2022 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all,

myself and the g/f are planning to drive to amsterdam on the 27th dec until 2nd jan, & we’ve never done this before. Prices from harwich to the hook of holland are over €500 as it’s mandatory to take a cabin etc & thats before we get a ferry from belfast/larne and drive across the UK. Anyone got a better route ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

It might depend on where you are starting from!

Have done Rosslare/Fishguard then Folkstone/Calais (Eu.otunnel) on a Stenaline Landbridge ticket and then up through Belgium to the Netherlands multiple times in the past. Taking the evening ferry out of Rosslare allows you do an overnight traverse of UK (~5 hours nonstop, no traffic). You'll be in Holland for breakfast. Haven't done it in a while so not sure on prices but defo better than what you've been quoted I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Northernsoul

Thanks Mick, we are in Derry so just want the quickest, cheapest route. I will check your options, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Consider the short channel crossing routes, ferry or train. The extra fuel cost might be substantially less than the higher increased cost on the Harwich - Hook of Holland route.

Advertisement