Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awful Songs From the Past-80s,90s etc....

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I heard someone doing a country music version of this song on the radio today.

I don't know which version is worse.

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This, or in fact anything by U2 - the only group in history that couldn't play their instruments when they started out and still can't. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Superman by Black Lace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Touch and Go - Would you

How it made any money I don't know.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I used to think that song was referencing Bishop Tuttu.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

I'd be very happy to leave your toot toot alone missus.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

According to Wikipedia Mike Denver has done a version, so good chance it might have been him you heard. Bizarrely, it appears that the original was a zydeco song (a Cajun style of music originating in Louisiana) and won a Grammy for Best Ethnic or Traditional Folk recording in 1986.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Toot_Toot

Although I like zydeco music, I've never heard the original, but the version above is bloody awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Watching reruns of Top Of The Tops 1992 on BBC4 when this abomination charted. There were a few terrible video game spin off singles from that time, the Tetris one being another.

• Advertisement

Heard this on my local radio station today,and while many would not see this as an awful song,when I heard that "Kyrie Elaison" song by Mister Mister I remembered how I used to absolutely hate the chorus..... maybe because the same words were repeated all the time and used to drive me mad

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

That's true, but U2s music isn't about the instruments, just as Bob Dylans wasn't about the singing. Bob Dylan couldn't sing.

You spin me right round like a record. Terrible song - yet someone did an even worse cover about 10 years ago and it became a hit. Mind boggles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Mike Denver's cover of Don't Mess With My Toot Toot. Just the mental image of all the jivers spinning away had me laughing so much my OH thought I was having a break down 😂

This came on the radio today.

I really did think she was just taking the mickey with the way she was singing this song, i.e. trying to deliberately sound bad in order to sound funny which actually sounds really annoying.

Or would I be too harsh if I said that this song and her singing sounded absolutely crap and still does?

• Advertisement
Advertisement