Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermatologist - Rosacea

Options
  • 10-10-2022 6:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

I've finally realised that my constant redness is probably rosacea.

Does anyone have any experience of going to a dermatologist to confirm this and get treatment?

I know waiting lists for dermatologists are crazy long at the moment. Is there any clinics in Dublin that would deal with this instead? I've always been very wary of skincare places as they seem to tell you different things/sell you different things every time you're in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Teapot30

You dont need a dermatologist just go to a skin clinic. You can get IPL, Limelight or laser genesis. Id stay away from Renew as theyre overpriced and will try to sell you anything they can. In my experience, smaller owned businesses are much better at giving advice and wont force you into buying things you dont want.

go to a normal doctor/gp and get a prescription for Soolantra cream

use it every day on the affected area

there is no one-off clinic treatment for Rosacea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭whatever76

Soolantra is brilliant - that what I got prescribed and works great in calming.

My GP though did refer me to go to dermatologist to confirm diagnosis and get on right treatment as it can vary pending on how bad it is - I went on a course of antibiotics and Soolantra. I was lucky I am on books of a dermatologist for other reasons so managed to get on waitlist and got late cancellation.

Anyone experience with this product? Kalme Skin Care Basic | Reduce Redness of Skin | Skin Shop

Advertisement