Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeper accounts on ukraine/russia threads

Options
  • 02-11-2022 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭

More just checking in that these are being monitored/banned quickly. There has been a large number of accounts registered for a few years suddenly becoming active again on the war threads, sometimes they last a few days, other times, banned within a few posts (usually of the "give peace a chance" variety). It's clearly either one dedicated weirdo or something more organised, grumpyperson is the latest.

Also checking on the need to give them a chance due to their obviousness.

Also presume the re-reg etc. tools are MIA on vanilla (and ok to say nothing if there is something actually happening there).

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,357 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When reported these are reviewed. Very few are established to be sock-puppets or alt accounts of banned users

Please continue reporting suspicions though

What I think is happening is there are a few storylines that are encouraging some people to get back and start posting again. Now some of them may well be people that only want to stir things, but so far I am not seeing many doing that

And yes our tools are not as strong as on the old platform, but knowing my way around what we do have does make it easier to spot particular individuals

Advertisement