Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend A Water Flosser

Options
  • 16-10-2022 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,856 ✭✭✭✭

All,

can I please have your recommendation for a water flosser. My dentist recommended the Waterpik, which works excellently, no problem with flossing with it etc…great bit of kit in terms of what it does.

problem is the shelf life of the product. I’m on my third Waterpik which has just died. They all seem to last about 7-9 months before they just stop charging. Considering that they are used about 10 minutes a day..that’s a bit poor.

I need to spend 80-90 euros for another. I’d just like to spend my cash on an as effective product, but one that has a reasonable shelf life.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Most manufacturers have a 12 month warranty, & certain stores offer the option of extending this for a further 2-3 years.

Waterpik is probably the market leader.

Floss, TePe, Superfloss, ect are still hard to beat.

Plaque disclosing tablets are handy to compare & contrast efficacy plaque removal.

Advertisement