Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Season 43

Options
  • 22-09-2022 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭

A sad sign of both the fall of Survivor and Boards.ie that nobody even bothered making a thread but ah well, here it is: Survivor 43 started last night, filmed as a shortened 26 day season like the 2 Covid ones which is apparently Jeff Probsts preference, definitely not mine. Keeping the tough conditions/no rations theme which I do like though and also the stupid new gimmicks like the hourglass crap and the last chance roll of the dice stuff have been cut.

Anybody still watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I enjoyed the season premiere. One of the better opening episodes.

• no mooring
    • only the one tribal so I feel like I've a decent grasp of the entire cast
    • mainly fans as opposed to recruits
    • diverse cast which keeps things interesting

I'll continue watching until season 50 and I'll reassess then. Wouldn't be surprised if Probst walks away then.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This season is very good, I'm enjoying it a lot.

Love Noelle - she's inspirational. Would love to see her go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

The newer short format is crap! You barely care who they are or who wins. There is no time for alliances to really build before swaps/merge etc. And I'm kinda sick of Probst (ducks for cover)

I'm enjoying this season, well as much as I probably can after 42 seasons.

An episode of two halves. The first half was amazing - what a challenge. The second half? Boo.

• Advertisement

I thought the entire episode good. The one issue I'm having with recent episodes is that the opening scenes seem to be at odds with the previous episodes edit. Curious to see if the same happens next week.

Ah no, the whole episode was great. I'm just not happy about who went home. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I havent even gotten to Episode 02 yet, cant face it, my lifelong love of Survivor is at an all time low. does this seem like its shaping up to be a decent season?

I think it's a decent season but it sounds like a decent season wouldn't be enough to capture your attention to the same extent as it did in the past.

It's not that different to the post covid seasons with the only exception being less production interference with unnecessary twists.

Yeah, it's a good season this time (and I didn't really enjoy the last 2).

• Advertisement

Outstanding move, fantastic drama, excellent episode and leads to a high calibre final five.

Now shaping up to be a very interesting finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Thought that was a good finale and season.

Really surprised the close to outrage online regarding the winner.

Gabler's path wasn't too far off the winner of last season who was wildly celebrated - a mess early who played under the radar great for the most part, with a fantastic social game, and then having a great final tribal where they explained their game well.

Cassidy's shock at the reading of the final vote showed why she didn't win. She didnt have any sense of the jury, nor the game she or Gabler played.

Jessie obviously would have been the deserved winner but once he was gone to think anyone was out of it was naive.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the finale and the season as a whole. I've no argument with how it all played out and I'm guessing the producers are delighted as it probably resulted in maximum drama.

Thought the calibre of the cast was pretty decent the whole way through. There wasn't a goat in sight to drag to the end.

Looking forward to seeing this now, had to unsub from the Reddit, can't believe it hasn't been spoilered for me yet.

Yeah it was a great season overall, best of the last 3 or 4 seasons, easily.

Loved that thing that happened. Amazing. (No Spoilers) 🙂

Promo for 44 looks pretty good.

Wow pretty entertaining in the end, only finished it tonight, cant believe that winner tbh.

Advertisement