Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

We submitted the last of our documents (home insurance and mortgage protection) to BOI roughly around 26th September. Our solicitor drew down the funds from BOI on the 28th September. We then had to wait a couple of days as the developers solicitor was waiting on something on their end to close the sale. Our expected closing date was 3rd October and we closed on the 6th. BOI were actually pretty good with us timewise. Whenever we got documents to them they were approved within 24 hours, and once we did request funds they had them released the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

That's really frustrating, you'd think they'd be keen to get the sale agreed just as much as the buyer! Similar situation to mine, the sellers accepted as soon as I offered what they wanted so I'd have thought that they'd be ready.

Best of luck with your purchase and I hope you get in soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Got a mortgage with AIB and it's now a race to draw down. The house is done except for the kitchen and the last thing I need is the final valuation.

I might see if the EA will do the valuation without the kitchen installed and we might sneak in before the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burti16

What do you need in order to use previous interest rates? Do you need AIP or loan offer and draw down until 14 Nov?

Need to draw down before that date. Maybe you can plead your case, but I'd rather not risk it, if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 keane10

That's unbelievable and stands in stark contrast to our experience with BOI. Generally, they didn't respond to any of our document submissions unless we chased them up by phone and it took them weeks to review some of our documents. Our final documents were submitted about 4 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the release of the mortgage funds. It's Day 12 since our solicitor returned the loan pack to them. We've missed our closing date without any real explanation - "it's with the credit team" is their standard response.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Thistley

Hiya everybody!

We got our pre-loan offer phone call today! Same as others shared before, in 3-5 days we should have the letter and the solicitor should have the loan pack. Hopefully sign contracts soon.

I was hoping to be in for Christmas but could a November closing date be accurate with Finance Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 QRaq

Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice. We went sale agreed in June but the house we are buying was a probate sale so took longer. We thought everything was going to be done on Friday as our solicitor said he transferred funds to the sellers solicitor. Our solicitor has been unable to get hold of the purchasers solicitor. We rang the estate agent today who spoke with the purchaser. Apparently the purchaser had no idea we were near closing and the house needs to be emptied which he anticipates will be done by the end of the month. We’ve been staying in Airbnbs and need to move out this Sat. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Is there anything we can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,568 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Possibly crazy idea can you rent it til ready to close?

Are the contents useful to you or is your stuff in storage?

Are the sellers just going to bin it...

Maybe ye could work something out.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 QRaq

I’m not too sure. We did a walk around today and there were lots of mice droppings that we’ll need to deal with. The house has been idle for quite some time. We have young children. Ideally we’d like to go in and deal with the issues before moving 🙈

We have our stuff in storage so we wouldn’t need the furniture that’s in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bidding back and forth on a place in Limerick, got in @ €245k, just outbid there @ €280, Ive outbid them again @ €282k but fairly at the end of my rope now, feeling a bit sick tbh especially with the Government interfering with the limits and the overall economic picture, wonder if I should just jack it all in for another year tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deebee08

Hi all!

Any legal experts/credit underwriters here? Im wondering if anyone could provide advice. My property went sale agreed, purchaser really interested, mortgage approved etc. Happy days.

However, now that they're requesting the funds to be drawn down, their bank are looking for copies of my immediate neighbours' green certs, all 3 of our properties have been remediated for pyrite over the last 5 years. One neighbour is refusing (and rightly so) to give anything as they have nothing to do with this transaction.

My solicitor has said that the bank can ask for their certs but are not entitled to it. But can they legally/fairly refuse to advance the funds without it? If that's the case, I'll never be able to sell my house! 😭

So stressed!

Morning all,

Just checking if anybody has drawn down recently with Finance Ireland. How long after signing contracts did you have to wait? All the solicitors seem to be eager to move it all along quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Hi folks. Does anybody know at what point in the mortgage process your interest rate gets locked in with BOI. We have AIP and it’s been to the underwriters but still have to get valuation etc and it will be some time before we’re ready to draw down. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭DataDude

Unfortunately with most banks the rate is never locked in. It’s the applicable rate the day you drawn down.

Finance Ireland and AIB look to have set the precedent that they’ll announce the rate hike and say everyone has 30 days to drawdown at existing levels before it no longer stands.

I’d be very surprised if BOI didn’t make that announcement this coming week so I’d be getting moving as quickly as possible if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭what_traffic

It is up to the BOI. I suspect an announcement from BOI on that similar to AIB recently as I got a call Friday afternoon from BOI - just asking about drawdown date. I expect mine will be this week (crossing the fingers). Person from BOI was not really interested in anything else-so I think they were just fishing for info on how many AIP customers could be affected for certain Mortgage Products that they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Yup. I’m expecting that announcement and day, too. Delay is that we’re remortgaging and apparently it is taking months to get the deeds from the existing mortgage provider, which I hadn’t accounted for. I do know that when ICS hiked rates earlier this year people with full mortgage approval had their existing rates guaranteed. Was just hoping BOI might have a similar policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Things are changing so fast that what happened 3 months is not all that relevant now.

Ya might get a call from BOI - but more likely they are just taking a sample? Have no idea.

Give them a call perhaps. Crossing the fingers for ya

Anyone have any experience on the final valuation?

I'm trying to get all my docs sorted before AIB raise their rates. The house is finished except for the kitchen, which is two weeks out.

Can I instruct the bank to get the final valuation done now?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Hello, wondering if anyone has experience with this. I am FTB looking at a new build and in the position to reserve a specific house.

The problem is my mortgage is about to run out in two weeks. I had received a 3.9 times exemption but I have just been informed by my mortgage provider that they are not in the position to renew any more mortgages exemptions until the new year.

This is the first phase and I would not expect to get a move in date by the new year anyway.

Does anyone know the best way to proceed I would love to pay the booking deposit now and reserve this specific house. In theory I have a mortgage approval and proof of funds but there will be 6 weeks or so when this has expired before I can get another mortgage approval.

Post edited by phunks on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Formosa

My offer on a lovely house was accepted on 23 Sept (I wasn't expecting it to be, the other bidder withdrew).

I had engaged a broker at the end of August & he was still trying to understand my labyrinth of bank accounts & transactions.

So no mortgage or even application done. He submitted the application to Avant on 26th Sept & they came back today with AIP...€20k less than I was looking for...they had some concerns, the main one being that I'm 50.

Anyway, that's good news today, broker thinks drawdown will follow quickly after valuation...I'll update here as things progress.

Will your new mortgage approval get the x3.9 and will you be able to make repayments with any increase in interest?

I'd go for it, you've nothing to lose.

Worst case you'll get your booking deposit back and be no worse off.

Post edited by Padre_Pio on

We finally had funds released by BOI last Tuesday and got the keys to our new place on the Thursday. We're in since Saturday after a very long journey as FTBs. A little timeline for others in a similar situation:

• January (2022) - Completed mortgage application
    • March - AIP
    • April/May - Bidding on properties. Pulled out of one due to BER rating being misadvertised. Outbid by (what we think were) fake bids on another property which went to a crazy price.
    • June - Sale Agreed on the 3rd property which we had bid on. Asking price accepted, no competition. Old house but perfect for us. Hired solicitor.
    • July - Valuation Report completed.
    • September - Tenants moved out of sale agreed property. Not much happened between June & September apart from us submitting some additional documentation. Contracts exchanged, insurance purchased.
    • September (Week 3) - BOI offer letter issued after lots of pleas. We had to push them a lot to get this. All our documents had been submitted weeks before. Involved a lot of phone calls and e-mails. They made a number of mistakes with our figures which took us weeks to get them to rectify.
    • October (Week 1) - Loan pack issued to solicitor and returned. Bank still on a go-slow to release funds. Went into local branch and got the bank manager involved; this really helped.
    • October (Week 3) - Funds finally released and mortgage drawn down after many phone calls and intervention from the bank manager. Funds transferred by solicitor, keys released and we're in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Great to hear you’re in and sorted after a long road. I am in the middle of the process have loan pack and my solicitor is only starting to go through the contracts.

Did you sign the contracts and loan pack at the same time ? I am assuming with the mortgage protection and house insurance you don’t need it in place when signing the loan offer but need it before the bank will allow you drawdown the money ?

Hi. No, we signed the contracts a few weeks before the solicitor received the loan pack - they were signed at two separate visits to the solicitors. This was probably due to delays with our mortgage application.

You're right that you don't have to have the insurance policies in place when signing the loan pack but we did. Not sure if you are with BOI but the minute we moved onto the section of the application in the Hub that allowed us to upload the insurance policies, valuation report, etc, I took out the insurance policies. One thing to look out for is to make sure that you take out house insurance for the value of the rebuild/reinstatement cost published on your valuation report. I made the mistake of not seeing this & had to cancel the initial policy and take out a new one. Those figures must match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Quoted over €4,000 Inc vat for 3,200 sq ft house. Seems mad or is that the going rate now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Insurance? Seems high, are you in the country somewhere likely where robberies may occur? Can't think of why it would be that high unless your contents estimate is super high.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Have everything sorted on my side that I can but vendor solicitor is dragging the heals something fierce getting the first contracts out.

My timeline:

May - AIP (Second one as had to renew after previous one expired from last year_

July/August/Sept - back to looking at houses and being outbid. Was pursuing last year but after being outbid and had a new build get pulled due to material cost, I took a breather to save more money.

Week 2 September - Sale Agreed :) The house wasn't occupied too

Week 3 September - Loan offer sent to solicitor.

Week 4 September - Got the surveyor in with nothing major noted that would disrupt things.

Week 4 September - Valuation Report and insurances sorted

Week 4 October (this week) - Solicitor waiting on first contracts from Vendor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Sorry don't know how I left it out. For a survey report as in prior to purchase.

Advertisement