Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas TV 2022 - 2024

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It has a bit. 😖

Matt grates on me a little- he seems like a nice guy, but his strange jokes falling flat while the contestants smile politely and tumbleweed rolls by is uncomfortable every time.

Plus, Mexican week? Halloween week? That odd bread week where they made pizzas and pastries? No, no. Stick with the classics. Tacos are not baked goods, and nobody wants to cut into a lovely frosted cake to find it stuffed with shrimp and herring. 🤢 The showstoppers looked more like bush-tucker trials that week. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm enjoying it but it's nowhere as near as good as last year. Standard not as high as previous years imo.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Exactly, for me it's the mexican and Halloween themed weeks that irked me, there's very little baking in Mexican week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The last two years, everyone in the tent was in a bubble, so the relationships between them all came through on screen, that's missing this year. Plus, they are trying too hard to have different themed weeks every year. I think it's time to hit the reset button and go back to basics.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This looks like it will be fun and as a Marvel fan I’m very excited to see it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Food Network's online schedule is only 7 days ahead, so we should be able to see tomorrow if they bring Christmas shows in on 01/11. That really starts the serious countdown for me.

It may actually be 14 days schedule on Sky if you pay for that, but the channel is free and I don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

I am no fan of marvel but I will be watching that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I updated my EPG yesterday just to check this and yes, they are starting their Christmas cookery shows from 01/11. I really hope they have some new shows this year, most of what they show, I have seen plenty of times before. It won't stop me watching them again though! I can't resist any sort of Christmas baking shows.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fantastic.

I've probably watched the most recent Jamie Oliver Christmas show about ten times at this stage, and I'm slightly obsessed with the decoration in one of the older Nigella ones.

I'm a Celeb back Nov 6th, earlier this year due to the World Cup.

• Advertisement

It'll just run into the world cup anyway, that starts Nov 18th.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I think they wanted to avoid the latter stages of the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

What time are the WC games going to be on at? Will they clash with UK primetime.

The first two rounds of matches will kick off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in Ireland/UK). Kick-off times for the final round of group games and knockout-round matches will be 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm & 7pm here)

Looking forward to this!

Trailer looks good too!

Although what’s up with Tim Allen’s voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Looks really good! I'd say the voice is due to a mix of Botox and veneers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

How many Santa Clause films is that now? I've only ever seen the original one. 😄

There’s 3 of them. I’ve only seen the first 2. The 3rd is meant to be spectacularly bad.

Was that the one with Martin short? If so it was awful.

• Advertisement

Scheduling changes incoming for strictly this year due to the World Cup.

In the first week of December, the first live show will air on a Friday - Friday 2nd December. The following week's show will then air on Sunday 11th December.

Really looking forward to the Santa Clauses. Love the movies even the third one!

Off this week and very tempted to start our Christmas movies watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

No better time to get started as I'm sure you wont have this extra time in the build up!

Christmas movies by streaming service. There’s a lot to get stuck into.

This looks really good to be fair

Jingle all the way was on Film4 last night.

Anyone fans of the Santa Clause movies, the Santa Clauses Series has started streaming on Netflix and it’s not bad at all. Very easy watch.

• Advertisement

Haven't got to start watching it yet, hopefully this weekend.

Strange it's on Disney and Netflix, usually new stuff is only on one or the other.

Advertisement